Petition for Military Hospital

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by royalmile, Jul 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please sign:

"With the growing numbers of wounded personnel repatriated to the UK and with continued growth in medically discharged personnel since the Falklands war to current conflicts and operations, our service men & women and veterans of previous operational service are owed the best medical care possible. The existing facilities are falling short and the NHS are not meeting the needs of veterans who still need treatment for their service related conditions. A dedicated Military & Veterans Hospital will greatly help resolve this National scandal since the complete closure of our military hospitals that has proved to be total folly."
  2. I signed it but think it's a complete bag of shite. I was in the Catterick gaffe today (checking my JPA - burn me) - the place is empty - what a waste.
  3. The CMH in Aldershot is sat empty and they've gone and built the Aldershot Centre for Health about 400 yards down the road from it!
  4. 18 years too late.

and they just closed a MH in plymouth/portsmourth after ??£ millioms rebuilding to nhs 2005 standard!!!!!!!

Still, a nice thought.

How old are you?
  5. Guess what DKH is sitting empty too,
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There are empty I suspect as part of the plan to ensure we dont have any AMS facilities left by proving they are not needed. The MoD needs to ensure that at least one of these empty facilities is used for returning wounded troops thus cutting infection risks!
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I have signed and a very worthy cause it is.

However, does anyone know if the gubment have ever acted on any of these petitions or is it just 'smoke n mirrors' with the pollies saying they are listening to the public while doing sweet FA?
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I did sign it though!
  9. Signed
  10. Also signed, although I agree with others in that I have not heard of the government changing anything as a result of these petitions.
    They do have a nice record of our names, addresses, Emails and opinions.
    Nice little database for someone, or am I joining the growing band of conspiricy theorist's? :roll:
  11. And they will not until they are forced to do by the weight of public opinion.
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Public opinion as espoused by the national press and political lobbyists!
  13. Signed
  14. signed - "they" (the Gubmint) may not take notice, but if we don't try they definitely won't!
  15. Not signed. A dedicated hospital is certainly not the answer, so this petition is asking for the wrong thing anyway - regardless of how futile these 'petitions' are.