Petition for combat pay for frontline troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Shortstuffblonde, Sep 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am the daughter of an ex-servicemen who served with the QDG for 22 years. My son has recently joined the Royal Anglian regiment (passed out in February - sent to Afghanistan April) and is currently fighting in Afghanistan. He has followed the family tradition going back as far as his Great Great Grandfather who was shot and killed in World War I. As you know, there have been a lot of deaths within the regiment recently as well as heavy casualities and I am petitioning the Government for extra pay for these servicemen and women while they are on the frontline (in Afghanistan and Iraq). At present they would be getting paid around £42.00 a day for the six months they are serving out there (as a private). I think that this is a "national disgrace" and that something needs to be done about it. My son loves what he is doing and is proud to serve his country, but I don't think his country is fulfilling its side of the bargain. Please join me in my petition to do something about this. Pay our troops what they deserve. Copy and paste this link into your browser and follow the instructions. Thank you for your support.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Forceswagesuppt/

Title edited by PTP after a discussion with shortstuff.

2. signed

3. Signed. Ex BAY/KDG

4. DONE Shortstuffblonde you need to keep this thread going like we did with the Housing Discrimination. Best of luck.

5. Thank you. How do you keep a thread going? New to all this. I went to the QDG website and someone pointed me to you.

6. Signed!
    SP

7. SIGNED

8. Signed and good luck

9. Thank you to all who have signed up so far. How do I keep this thread going?

10. Signed, and good luck to you too!

11. Every 6 hours or so just add a reply.
    Usually I just put 'Bump'

12. Sgned