Petition for an increase in war & service pensions

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by TartanJock, Apr 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Petition for an increase in war pensions and servi

Hi folks I have started a petition for a greater increase for all Veteran's in their pensions and allowances through No 10. If you would like to support the petition please go to this link.

I'm sure a lot of you out there on a War Pension and Service Pensions will greatly need a big increase in your pensions. The small rises given to us over the years have been taken back by very large increases of Stealth Taxes and bringing our pensions well below that the law says we need to live on.Pass it on to fellow ex-service personnel and hopefully we might get a long awaited increase.

I ask the governement to increase the war pension and allowances to an amount that the law says that we need to live on.Repeated rises in council taxes, rents,water and sewerage, heating and lighting charges have in effect taken away any meagre rises that this government gives us.Ex-service personnel must be made a special case for a large increase as they have given this country a very large amount of their loyalty and devotion to duty.

Many Thanks for your support folks
  2. Come on folks a lot of you out there must be needing an increase in your pensions support me on this one.
  3. Just signed mate
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

5. Job jobbed.
  6. Done

What would folks consider a sensible year on year rise
  7. Many thanks for those have signed, tell others to do so please.
  8. This will mean nothing to this government you know that don't you? These petitions are just another way for them to make you think that they 'listen to the people'. They couldn't give a flying one. W@nkers the whole lot of em :(
  9. For what it's worth signed as well.
  10. ---...--- come on folks keep this petition up top.
  11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

12. I declare an interest and so, in all fairness, cannot sign
  13. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

What are you on about? We all have an interest in this for obvious reasons. I cannot see why that procludes us/you from signing.

Is it because it will show up on Central Offices computers and get you into trouble? 8O
  14. Your first point is my point. Any serviceman or ex serviceman signing this petition would be as bad as MPs voting for their pension increases
  15. Sven - you are a cock.