Petition for an increase in war & service pensions

#1
Petition for an increase in war pensions and servi

Hi folks I have started a petition for a greater increase for all Veteran's in their pensions and allowances through No 10. If you would like to support the petition please go to this link.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/more-money/

I'm sure a lot of you out there on a War Pension and Service Pensions will greatly need a big increase in your pensions. The small rises given to us over the years have been taken back by very large increases of Stealth Taxes and bringing our pensions well below that the law says we need to live on.Pass it on to fellow ex-service personnel and hopefully we might get a long awaited increase.

I ask the governement to increase the war pension and allowances to an amount that the law says that we need to live on.Repeated rises in council taxes, rents,water and sewerage, heating and lighting charges have in effect taken away any meagre rises that this government gives us.Ex-service personnel must be made a special case for a large increase as they have given this country a very large amount of their loyalty and devotion to duty.


Many Thanks for your support folks
 
#2
Come on folks a lot of you out there must be needing an increase in your pensions support me on this one.
 
#8
This will mean nothing to this government you know that don't you? These petitions are just another way for them to make you think that they 'listen to the people'. They couldn't give a flying one. W@nkers the whole lot of em :(
 
#9
For what it's worth signed as well.
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#11
signed
 
#13
Sven said:
I declare an interest and so, in all fairness, cannot sign
What are you on about? We all have an interest in this for obvious reasons. I cannot see why that procludes us/you from signing.

Is it because it will show up on Central Offices computers and get you into trouble? 8O
 
#14
in_the_cheapseats said:
Sven said:
I declare an interest and so, in all fairness, cannot sign
What are you on about? We all have an interest in this for obvious reasons. I cannot see why that procludes us/you from signing.

Is it because it will show up on Central Offices computers and get you into trouble? 8O
Your first point is my point. Any serviceman or ex serviceman signing this petition would be as bad as MPs voting for their pension increases
 
#16
In what way.

If this were just for war pensions then I would sign, but I will not sign anything that is deliberately aimed at making me better off.
 
#17
Sven said:
In what way.

If this were just for war pensions then I would sign, but I will not sign anything that is deliberately aimed at making me better off.
You would pick peanuts out of shit Sven wouldn't you.

You Sir are a cunt.
 
#18
Bravo2nothing said:
Sven said:
In what way.

If this were just for war pensions then I would sign, but I will not sign anything that is deliberately aimed at making me better off.
You would pick peanuts out of shit Sven wouldn't you.

You Sir are a cunt.
If this were broadcast on the news, don't You think that the majority of the country would see this as self serving and grasping by ex servicemen. What difference in values has this from other public services demanding a bigger pension - I seem to remember an adverse reaction to the civil servants trying to prevent the removal of their final salery scheme.

some posters are so very quick to point the finger at others
 
#19
Sven, you are not voting on whether you get a bigger pension, you are ASKING the government to consider increasing the pension.

You have no actual say in whether it happens or not so there is no parallel to the MPs voting them selves more money.
 
#20
Steven said:
Sven, you are not voting on whether you get a bigger pension, you are ASKING the government to consider increasing the pension.

You have no actual say in whether it happens or not so there is no parallel to the MPs voting them selves more money.
It doesn't ask for consideration, it demands an increase. Isn't the signing of a petition in effect a vote in favour of that petition, just as a vote in parliament is an MPs way of placing their name next to the idea of pension increase? The only difference is is that the latter will definately end up with the majority of advocates getting their way

And You didn't address the point about decrying civil servants demands about their pension
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads