Petition For a Royal Commission into Policing

The police don't need more funding. They need to stop doing shit like this and get back to catching criminals.
I have to agree.

I do feel for the Bobby on the ground, I'm sure they are stuck between Joe Public and senior policy makers.

They need to get back to dealing with real complainants and not "crimes" where there is no complainant, but raises good revenue.

I have to agree.

I do feel for the Bobby on the ground, I'm sure they are stuck between Joe Public and senior policy makers.

They need to get back to dealing with real complainants and not "crimes" where there is no complainant, but raises good revenue.
So you have a complaint about Policing but you don’t want someone to look into complaints about current Policing?

Signed

So you have a complaint about Policing but you don’t want someone to look into complaints about current Policing?
The policy makers (MP's, government, senior officers) want the rank and file to enforce their policies in order to raise revenue. Generally vehicle based, such as driving at 31 in a 30, a noisy exhaust, etc. A swift £100 in the coffers.

I personally don't see this as policing as there is no complainant. I think it is time the rank and file decided, with the staffing levels in place, only real crime with a complainant be dealt with.

Do I believe, that me signing a petition, will change this? No.

The rank and file sold off their right to strike (and are therefore toothless) and will just do as the policy makers tell them. Raise more revenue.

They have my utmost support when standing as a Constable, but not when working as the new tax collectors.

Good luck.

It will not let me sign (it detected I'm in the US) even though I put in my UK address location and postcode.

Good luck.

It will not let me sign (it detected I'm in the US) even though I put in my UK address location and postcode.
It let me sign no problem. Could be you have to put in a US address seeing how it detected you're in the US.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not got my vote as an RC isn't needed.

What is needed, is the right people who have the power to do something about the problems, actually do something, about the ******* problems.

I'll give them a starter for ten for Scotland:

1. A pay increase of 4%
2. An introduction of 'X' factor payment for operational officers who hold posts in a deployed role
3. Review of every unit and department - need / Manning / relevancy and fire back to operational those that aren't really needed or don't make the cut
4. Role re-evaluation. If done by two, can it be done by one, and so on. Rationalise the spread of work. The excess go back to operational policing.
5. Fleet. Buy one..ffs. We have no vehicles. We can't use our minibuses as they are only leased on 6,000 miles a year so the keys are locked away to avoid going over that.
6. Kit. Invest in it. Ffs. Give us comfortable kit, functional kit.
7. Sack civilians and give us access to the systems they control. I don't want to have to phone a voice bank, to dictate a job, to wait for a civvie to type it up.
8. Get CID out covering events in uniform. Take the pressure of operational cops from backfilling events
9. Give more notice of events and plan better
10. Put the focus on operational policing. Make it important. Make it count.

Without a word of a lie, operational policing, day to day policing, is the worst job of all and no-one really wants to do it. You are treated like shit and given the lowest priority. Because of this, it impacts on level of service.

I mean... Some stuff just more or less gets ignored.

Get more cops from other areas back onto the frontline and with a bump in pay, watch morale skyrocket.

I can easily find myself covering several hundred thousand people with a team of ten.

How does that work?!

cnuts.

What is needed, is the right people who have the power to do something about the problems, actually do something, about the ******* problems.

1. A pay increase of 4%
2. An introduction of 'X' factor payment for operational officers who hold posts in a deployed role
3. Review of every unit and department - need / Manning / relevancy and fire back to operational those that aren't really needed or don't make the cut
4. Role re-evaluation. If done by two, can it be done by one, and so on. Rationalise the spread of work. The excess go back to operational policing.
5. Fleet. Buy one..ffs. We have no vehicles. We can't use our minibuses as they are only leased on 6,000 miles a year so the keys are locked away to avoid going over that.
7. Sack civilians and give us access to the systems they control. I don't want to have to phone a voice bank, to dictate a job, to wait for a civvie to type it up.
8. Get CID out covering events in uniform. Take the pressure of operational cops from backfilling events

Without a word of a lie, operational policing, day to day policing, is the worst job of all and no-one really wants to do it. You are treated like shit and given the lowest priority. Because of this, it impacts on level of service.

Get more cops from other areas back onto the frontline and with a bump in pay, watch morale skyrocket.

I can easily find myself covering several hundred thousand people with a team of ten.

How does that work?!

cnuts.

You are Cressida Dick and I claim my 5 shillings.

It let me sign no problem. Could be you have to put in a US address seeing how it detected you're in the US.
I'll have another go.

Ha! Done:), with my UK address. Did the same as last time but, this time no rejection.

Last edited:

1. A pay increase of 4%

How does that work?!

cnuts.
Good luck with all that, mate. I know a couple of Police Scotland coppers, and their moral is not at rock bottom. You'd have to dig through the fifty foot of crap beneath Rock Bottom before you reached their level of moral.

A single national force is a nice idea in theory. In reality, Police Scotland have been so badly set up and commanded from day one, they make the Met look good.

Not for nothing are Scottish polis referred to as the, "Keystone Kilts" by members of the public.