Petition For a Royal Commission into Policing

Petition unterschreiben

As you know, I am a vocal commentator on the state of Policing in The UK.

Many on here have strong views both ways as well.

The link is a petition to The Home Secretary for a Royal Commission into Policing in The UK.

I have long called for this on this site and would ask others to consider signing it.

Regards

Wets

Signed.
As much as I dislike plod sometimes, I wouldn't do their job for all the tea in China. In this present day with the threats as they are, unarmed cop losing his life in front of parliament, I've no hesitation in signing to support the people who willingly put themselves in harms way on a daily basis.

I don’t think this is a good idea.

To be done thoroughly it would take years, in that time things would be unlikely to improve.

Change needs to happen and as quickly as possible. I don’t know what the solutions are, but it doesn’t need a Royal Commission to identify things are pants for the majority of police officers and pants for the majority of the general public.

I will sign it now. I think we have needed this since the end of the eighties. As an outsider now, listening to other people, my impression is that one is sorely needed before it goes pear shaped.

Signed. Less than three years to go until I leave a job I've loved. But I can't wait. TJF.

I don’t think this is a good idea.

To be done thoroughly it would take years, in that time things would be unlikely to improve.

Change needs to happen and as quickly as possible. I don’t know what the solutions are, but it doesn’t need a Royal Commission to identify things are pants for the majority of police officers and pants for the majority of the general public.
IMHO, this isn’t about short term fixes, it’s about steering Policing in the right direction for the next decade or two. Baring in mind we haven’t had one since 1960.

I would expect it to be warts and all, with the failings and successes equally focused on.

It’s the only way that I can see any Government being forced to face up to fair funding and resourcing with Policing parameters set out and other agencies held to account to do their jobs.

I respect your opinion and decision not to sign though.

Careful what you wish for coppers. A Royal Commission will review all aspects of policing; how happy would you be if it decided the future was one national police service of armed officers?

Signed even though I'm expat. The Police do need an overhaul, but not a quick fix, they need to get things right, not have a politician tell them what they need fixing because he wants votes.

IMHO, this isn’t about short term fixes, it’s about steering Policing in the right direction for the next decade or two. Baring in mind we haven’t had one since 1960.

I would expect it to be warts and all, with the failings and successes equally focused on.

It’s the only way that I can see any Government being forced to face up to fair funding and resourcing with Policing parameters set out and other agencies held to account to do their jobs.

I respect your opinion and decision not to sign though.
I think we both want the same thing.

Do your senior bosses do ‘warts and all’ because without full honesty it’s not going to work and I can imagine each of the 40 police forces of England and Wales becoming very territorial.

Do we really need 40 police forces?

Signed. God knows I've had enough shit from cops in my time - and given them shit back too - but I reckon most would happily be doing something about real criminals on our behalf so merit support.

Careful what you wish for coppers. A Royal Commission will review all aspects of policing; how happy would you be if it decided the future was one national police service of armed officers?
No problems for me. I accept that if you roll the dice, you accept the result.

I think we both want the same thing.

Do your senior bosses do ‘warts and all’ because without full honesty it’s not going to work and I can imagine each of the 40 police forces of England and Wales becoming very territorial.

Do we really need 40 police forces?
Absolutely not. The mood generally is towards I believe 9 Regional Forces.

I had a theory that May preferred 43 weaker forces than a small number of strong ones as they were easier to divide and rule.