Petition by Arizonans to become a Canadian colony

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by yank_eyetie, Dec 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About fucking time- only 98 years late. Still, better late then never as they say.

Go Mounties go!!

[​IMG]

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

But does Canada want to be burdened by a load of Hick Yanks?

3. Dear Sir:

I wish to complain in the strongest terms about this thread.

I, myself, am half-Canadian and reject the suggestion Canada would have any use whatsoever with Arizona: what Auld-Yin said, among other things.

Canada is more civilised than The Colonies and should be kept that way.

Yours,

Fireplace

4. Fixed that for ya!!!

And I agree totally about the civilis(z)ation comparison. Just put the 'zee' in there to keep JJH happy!

5. Wonder what the reaction will be to becoming the North American Union(NAU) i.e. USA,Canada,and Mexico together?...

Just a thought...

...and not a jolly one...

6. You could put all the French Canadians there.

7. You're right, by God.

Pierre is so Xenophobic I can only imagine their reaction to the waves of illegals coming north.

But it wasn't broken.

8. Not a half bad thought. :)

9. Now that would be interesting in 20 years French Canadian Mexicans

Que Pasa monsieur, eh?

10. 'ungrateful' indeed, but there are rumours that 'former' may not be quite as true as one might think. The Revolution went just a little bit too swimmingly to be convincing. The entire reason for the 'split' was to give HMG plausible deniability. There is a map that gives the true names of the 'States', eg New Yorkshire, Oregonshire, North Dakotashire, Metropolitan Borough of California, etc.

I think the Arizona gambit needs to be looked at with some caution though. It may merely be stage 1 in a French plan to link up with the Region of Louisiane ...

11. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

It was a Welsh lead attack on Detroit, the 41st( The Welch) Regiment of foot have it as a battle honour, and we most certainly don't want Arizona

12. After some of the Legislation passed by Arizona in recent years i would like the UK to become a county of that fine state