Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petition, Armed Forces to not pay tax on Operations

Just seems a bit aggressive to be honest. I am serving, I have done 2 Afghans and 2 Iraqs and currently the boys and supporting lads get nothing extra apart from lsa. I'm just trying to get a bit of appreciation for the fact that the cuts have now gone so far that most of us are entitled to no op bonus and are now paying for messing. We have a lot of people leaving the service and a lot of people deploying every 6 months. I do understand that there are barriers and mistakes made in the past (payd) but if no one does anything, then people won't see change.

Welcome to life pre-2006. the world turned then too.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Well you don't get Op bonus for the current Op, and you pay messing and food. So dinger you can fukc off as you know nothing you cretin. Don't bother commenting if you have nothing constructive to say. I didn't try and start an argument it was just for information to those currently serving overseas. I take it you don't give a flying shite for those serving.

Yeah Dinger. Do one (or two)

flipflop

Old-Salt
Well you don't get Op bonus for the current Op, and you pay messing and food. So dinger you can fukc off as you know nothing you cretin. Don't bother commenting if you have nothing constructive to say. I didn't try and start an argument it was just for information to those currently serving overseas. I take it you don't give a flying shite for those serving.

Even if this was accepted, the answer from the Treasury would be to find it out of the Defence budget. As has been clearly articulated to you, we already receive a raft of benefits to do the job we VOLUNTEERED to do. Additional money to pay for your 'great' idea would come from reducing further manpower costs (pay or overall numbers) or reducing capability. Given that your whinge is centered on how hard we are worked: how much harder would it be if we had to execute the Defence mission with less people and kit in order to fund your 'great' idea?

Shut up you fcuking penis. You did try to start an argument when you started a shit petition.

Try this for constructive criticism - Learn to take responsibility and pay your dues in life like decent people do, you fcuking chav.

And just to disappoint you, I am still serving, I've been there done it got the t-shirt and the scars to match.

Just seems a bit aggressive to be honest. I am serving, I have done 2 Afghans and 2 Iraqs and currently the boys and supporting lads get nothing extra apart from lsa. I'm just trying to get a bit of appreciation for the fact that the cuts have now gone so far that most of us are entitled to no op bonus and are now paying for messing. We have a lot of people leaving the service and a lot of people deploying every 6 months. I do understand that there are barriers and mistakes made in the past (payd) but if no one does anything, then people won't see change.
You are 'Int Corps whatmuff' aren't you! Extra money for living it up n Cyprus, jeez!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

The way h
You are 'Int Corps whatmuff' aren't you! Extra money for living it up n Cyprus, jeez!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

One things for sure, he's a Tom, because he's certainly crying like one.

How? Why would they reduce pay in the UK? Why is it ok for contractors to serve overseas and not pay tax, and have all their expenses covered and Armed Services to serve and pay tax with no bonus? Apart from LSA of course. Give it five years we will have nothing extra.
And also to be given the title of "hero" .........go away you gutter guzzling cretin.

Let's not forget we also receive

You do for Op TORAL, still those Op FORTIFY PIDs need filling by someone I suppose. You probably haven't heard but despite 'Op' in the title, no gong. Soz. Chin up!

whatmuff

Swinger
Mmmmm touchy crowd this one. I'll have to take your word for it dinger, I'm sure you have done more than I have. Keep up the good service relations

I'm guessing you're not getting £29.02 tax free a day extra? Sucks to be you.

As @dingerr and others pointed out there are a raft of allowances (not bonuses) just for being away. If it's a real Op or the arsse end of a real Op, food, accom etc is all free on top of those juicy allowances.

Did I benefit from paying taxes while on op's? Probably quite a bit actually considering the amount of ordnance that was getting chucked around at the time and who paid for it.

Did my family benefit from what I paid in tax while on tour (schooling for example) and what that tax money provided? I think so, get over yourself.

whatmuff

Swinger
Ok I just thought the government owes you more for the work you do. I take my hat off for what the army do on Ops and the sacrifices people make. Sorry for causing any upset.