Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petition, Armed Forces to not pay tax on Operations

whatmuff

Swinger
Petition: Stop UK Armed Forces on Operations from paying tax during their deployment. please sign, it's about time our Armed Services had a tax break when operating overseas. The benefits have been reduced over the years and all three services are under more pressure to deploy with far less resources and personnel. Most other Armed Services around the world do not pay tax during their deployment, the States only have to spend a day away to have that month tax free. Share the petition on Facebook and Twitter and make sure people sign.

Last edited:
Go away you worthless creature, you understand nothing.

More to the point, pay in the UK will be reduced to 'pay' for this.

whatmuff

Swinger
How? Why would they reduce pay in the UK? Why is it ok for contractors to serve overseas and not pay tax, and have all their expenses covered and Armed Services to serve and pay tax with no bonus? Apart from LSA of course. Give it five years we will have nothing extra.

How? Why would they reduce pay in the UK? Why is it ok for contractors to serve overseas and not pay tax, and have all their expenses covered and Armed Services to serve and pay tax with no bonus? Apart from LSA of course. Give it five years we will have nothing extra.

Op tour bonus
X factor
Free food
Free accommodation
LSA

If you don't like it, fcuk off you cretin.

This sounds remarkably like the argument I heard about 12 years ago regarding feeding charges, and how it was unfair they had to pay for 7 days food and they only ate 4 days food. We all got our wish, and pay as you dine is the result.

If they chose not to do it when we were losing blokes killed and wounded on a daily basis, what makes you think they will do it now when half the Army is splitting it's time between AT, supporting 1 Brecon Rifles and racking up naafi runs.

The op tour bonus was based on the tax an average Infantryman might be deducted during a 6 month tour, in effect making his tour tax-free.

Basically, this has all been done before.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Petition: Stop UK Armed Forces on Operations from paying tax during their deployment. please sign, it's about time our Armed Services had a tax break when operating overseas. The benefits have been reduced over the years and all three services are under more pressure to deploy with far less resources and personnel. Most other Armed Services around the world do not pay tax during their deployment, the States only have to spend a day away to have that month tax free. Share the petition on Facebook and Twitter and make sure people sign.
I don't really want to.

whatmuff

Swinger
Well you don't get Op bonus for the current Op, and you pay messing and food. So dinger you can fukc off as you know nothing you cretin. Don't bother commenting if you have nothing constructive to say. I didn't try and start an argument it was just for information to those currently serving overseas. I take it you don't give a flying shite for those serving.

Not to mention free medical care when you are injured by the free ammo coming the other way. Some people just want everything in life.

whatmuff

Swinger
Just seems a bit aggressive to be honest. I am serving, I have done 2 Afghans and 2 Iraqs and currently the boys and supporting lads get nothing extra apart from lsa. I'm just trying to get a bit of appreciation for the fact that the cuts have now gone so far that most of us are entitled to no op bonus and are now paying for messing. We have a lot of people leaving the service and a lot of people deploying every 6 months. I do understand that there are barriers and mistakes made in the past (payd) but if no one does anything, then people won't see change.