Pete's SSAFA Scooter Ride

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by oldbaldy, Mar 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Pete Stopforth, a caseworker from Waveney, will be riding around the coast of England & Wales during April 2013 to increase awareness of homeless ex-service personnel and their plight. When asked about the project Pete said ‘I’ve had this idea that I can somehow reach out to all those brave heroes, who after they complete their service for this country have nowhere to go and end up homeless. The majority have seen active service for this country and it is estimated by SSAFA that up to half of those on the streets suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, which may not have been correctly diagnosed or treated. Many end up in these seaside towns, and I would love to help them all if I could, but with the current economic climate unfortunately the homeless issue is only getting worse’. Pete has chosen his route through seaside towns as this is where he believes many of the homeless can end up, as he did himself for 3 years, after serving 10 years with the British Army.
    Pete has taken on all the organisation for this task himself and made copious arrangements with the Scooter Club and ssafa branches around the country.

Full itinerary on facebook.

Pete's SSAFA Scooter Ride. | Facebook