Peter Tobin Murder case- REME capbdge

vandyke said:
Fat_Cav said:
2/51 said:
vandyke said:
2/51 said:
The "Yellow Brooch" is Scots Guards...the other Seaforths..who were amalgamated in 1961 and the badge in that form was no longer used.
QOH used the same cap badge as did the highlanders right up till amalgamation into RRS (with the additional crown that may very well be missing)
Not quite....the crown and thistle are missing..and the Highlanders badge was stabrite, not white metal. (I was one ;))

The only "metal" badge used by the highlanders was a 3D one..which does not have the stags head atached to the motto scroll as its a 3 piece badge.

Loking at that one, its one of the earlier Seaforths ones as the fixings are not in place for the Crown and thistle.
Guys, sorry to get pedantic but. . .

QOH - Queens Own Hussars (Fine Senior light Cavalry Regiment of the British Army, formed 1685)

QOHldrs- The Queen's Own Highlanders (Seaforth and Camerons), Traditional Scottish Regiment of foot, formed 1961. Unless you include their original two formation Regiments, them it's a long long time ago. . even before Bruce Forsyth was born
If you are going to be pedantic and correct my faults, at least get your facts right :)

2/51 my apologies you are correct, I Forgot all ranks of the Highlanders adopted the 3 piece 3D badge.
I've fixed that for you.

Not factually incorrect :oops: , more a mis-interpretation of how you read it.

The QOH was formed (in it's true sense) in 1958, although it's origins are that it was formed many centuries ago as The Queen Consort’s Regiment of Dragoons. Although if you ask anyone in the now, QRH, they'll tell you it was formed in 1685, as was the QRIH originating Regiment The Princess Anne of Denmark's Regiment of Dragoons. therefore the QRH (QRIH & QOH) is 324 yrs old.

Blokeonabike said:
Its not just muslims who can be religious nutters you know. Maybe he favoured killing catholics because:

a: He was a protestant and believed all catholics are evil.

b: he was a devout catholic himself and believed the women in question were guilty of something such as being promiscuous and tempting him.

Or maybe he just heard the rumours that catholic girls are easy.
What do you mean rumours? :glomp:

2/51 said:
I had a St Christoper identical to that...but I am pretty sure I was not murdered and raped...

I will ask the wife when I get home if I was burried under the patio..
This is a serious murder inquiry for heaven's sake! Don't wait until you get home, 'phone her...you'l look pretty sick if you were one of his victims...the last laugh will be on you!

2/51

LE
Cuddles said:
2/51 said:
I had a St Christoper identical to that...but I am pretty sure I was not murdered and raped...

This is a serious murder inquiry for heaven's sake! Don't wait until you get home, 'phone her...you'l look pretty sick if you were one of his victims...the last laugh will be on you!
Its ok..apparently I have not been murdered..but she said something about finding knickers in the bed, and they are not hers..and I will be murdered when she gets her hands on me..strange girl!

2/51 said:
Cuddles said:
2/51 said:

Its ok..apparently I have not been murdered..but she said something about finding knickers in the bed, and they are not hers..and I will be murdered when she gets her hands on me..strange girl!
That old chestnut! She's been over the side with some floozy, feels guilty and is seeking to put the blame on you! Shameless trollop.

2/51

LE
vandyke said:
2/51 my apologies you are correct, I Forgot all ranks of the Highlanders adopted the 3 piece 3D badge.
No worries :).....but we only got the 3d badge after being "Infantry Trained" :)

You got your 3d badge and your sleeve badge at the same time.

2/51

LE
Cuddles said:
2/51 said:
Cuddles said:
2/51 said:

That old chestnut! She's been over the side with some floozy, feels guilty and is seeking to put the blame on you! Shameless trollop.
You think? I wonder if she has any rug munching photos hidden away?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Pads applied, stand clear, shocking.

Pads applied, stand clear, shocking.
I'll tell you what is shocking, I got charged once for losing my REME capbadge on Ex, also we were told to paint our capbadges prior to starting NI trg and those of us that didn't have spare ones got charged for a clean new one!

PS

My name isn't Peter Tobin and I'm not, and never have been a girly, real or pretend :)

Latest Threads