Peter Tobin Murder case- REME capbdge

johnboyzzz said:
LordVonHarley said:
Seven wrist watches, possibly another seven bodies to find.
He seems to have a thing about Catholics.
They reckon it could be as high as dozens over 40 odd years
Sadly they maybe right. It's a shame the police can not attach jump leads to his balls during interrogation.
 
flieslikeabeagle said:
BIPOLAR77 said:
Blokeonabike said:
No, thats a beret badge, and therefore not an Officer's.
odd what do they wear in their service dress hat then? a cloth one?[/quotetotally different


officers beret badge is cloth, sewn on. service dress is predominently gold . All us other scum wore the staybright badges in beret and hat like the one shown
Look carefully at the badge and you will see that it has the attachment for a beret. Officers wear a "cloth" beret badge made of metal wire. A cap badge has a different sort of attachment at the rear (two loops with a split- pin type bar).
 

Negligent-Discharge

LE
Book Reviewer
Okay, I agree the badge on the site is REME and a non-officer, but the BBC showed on the news last night, albeit briefly, what looked like a Scots Guards. Anyone spot that?
 
Negligent-Discharge said:
Okay, I agree the badge on the site is REME and a non-officer, but the BBC showed on the news last night, albeit briefly, what looked like a Scots Guards. Anyone spot that?
It is the capstar, yes.
 
buttonsin3s said:
Negligent-Discharge said:
Okay, I agree the badge on the site is REME and a non-officer, but the BBC showed on the news last night, albeit briefly, what looked like a Scots Guards. Anyone spot that?
It is the capstar, yes.
OR one to be precise
 
2/51 said:
The "Yellow Brooch" is Scots Guards...the other Seaforths..who were amalgamated in 1961 and the badge in that form was no longer used.
QOH used the same cap badge as did the highlanders right up till amalgamation into RRS (with the additional crown that may very well be missing)
 
Mongoose said:
Is anyone going to ring the coppers and tell them?
Yep spoke to Sussex plod this morning. They thought Kent plod were leading, nope says I the pictures of the badges are on your website. They took a few details.
 

2/51

LE
vandyke said:
2/51 said:
The "Yellow Brooch" is Scots Guards...the other Seaforths..who were amalgamated in 1961 and the badge in that form was no longer used.
QOH used the same cap badge as did the highlanders right up till amalgamation into RRS (with the additional crown that may very well be missing)
Not quite....the crown and thistle are missing..and the Highlanders badge was stabrite, not white metal. (I was one ;))

The only "metal" badge used by the highlanders was a 3D one..which does not have the stags head atached to the motto scroll as its a 3 piece badge.

Loking at that one, its one of the earlier Seaforths ones as the fixings are not in place for the Crown and thistle.

 
johnboyzzz said:
buttonsin3s said:
Negligent-Discharge said:
Okay, I agree the badge on the site is REME and a non-officer, but the BBC showed on the news last night, albeit briefly, what looked like a Scots Guards. Anyone spot that?
It is the capstar, yes.
OR one to be precise
I only had the one, never got any of the different coloured ones and deffo never a cloth one :wink: :D
 
auscam said:
Wasn't that Shipman thought to have killed dozens, possibly hundreds?
Likely so...... they didn't call him the 'Old Dear Hunter' for nothing.
Boom .... tish............


Coat sir? Door's over there...................
 
johnboyzzz said:
LordVonHarley said:
Seven wrist watches, possibly another seven bodies to find.
He seems to have a thing about Catholics.
They reckon it could be as high as dozens over 40 odd years
Not just Catholics. (Although the Polish lass was killed in a RC church.) He seems to have had a policy of hanging around Christian groups in general. Probably becasue they tend to be warm, nice, trusting and forgiving types, and not cynics who might wonder what he's up to. I suspect he's spent so much time in prison with nothing to read but the Bible that he can talk the talk with the Archbishop of Canterbury. Doesn't stop him being an evil nutter though.
 
Its not just muslims who can be religious nutters you know. Maybe he favoured killing catholics because:

a: He was a protestant and believed all catholics are evil.

b: he was a devout catholic himself and believed the women in question were guilty of something such as being promiscuous and tempting him.

Or maybe he just heard the rumours that catholic girls are easy.
 

JohnSmith

Old-Salt
HectortheInspector said:
johnboyzzz said:
LordVonHarley said:
Seven wrist watches, possibly another seven bodies to find.
He seems to have a thing about Catholics.
They reckon it could be as high as dozens over 40 odd years
Not just Catholics. (Although the Polish lass was killed in a RC church.) He seems to have had a policy of hanging around Christian groups in general. Probably becasue they tend to be warm, nice, trusting and forgiving types, and not cynics who might wonder what he's up to. I suspect he's spent so much time in prison with nothing to read but the Bible that he can talk the talk with the Archbishop of Canterbury. Doesn't stop him being an evil nutter though.
The police also think he may be linked to the so called "Bible John" killings of three women in Glasgow in the late '60's. The taxi driver who picked up the last victim & a man, presumed to have been the killer, remembered the man was mumbling biblical quotes.... Hence the nickname.
 
2/51 said:
vandyke said:
2/51 said:
The "Yellow Brooch" is Scots Guards...the other Seaforths..who were amalgamated in 1961 and the badge in that form was no longer used.
QOH used the same cap badge as did the highlanders right up till amalgamation into RRS (with the additional crown that may very well be missing)
Not quite....the crown and thistle are missing..and the Highlanders badge was stabrite, not white metal. (I was one ;))

The only "metal" badge used by the highlanders was a 3D one..which does not have the stags head atached to the motto scroll as its a 3 piece badge.

Loking at that one, its one of the earlier Seaforths ones as the fixings are not in place for the Crown and thistle.
Guys, sorry to get pedantic but. . .

QOH - Queens Own Hussars (Fine Senior light Cavalry Regiment of the British Army, formed 1685)

QOHldrs- The Queen's Own Highlanders (Seaforth and Camerons), Traditional Scottish Regiment of foot, formed circa. 1793.
 
Blokeonabike said:
Its not just muslims who can be religious nutters you know. Maybe he favoured killing catholics because:

a: He was a protestant and believed all catholics are evil.

b: he was a devout catholic himself and believed the women in question were guilty of something such as being promiscuous and tempting him.

Or maybe he just heard the rumours that catholic girls are easy.
He married his third wife in a Methodist church. He was previously arrested at another Christian group meeting, and finally arrested for the killing in the Catholic Church.
I think he's a fairly equal opportunity monster.
 
jim30 said:
Shame its not an SF beret badge - then this site would be full of cries of Walt, and there'd be lots of books published along the lines of "I was the second man in under the patio"...
LOL thanks for that one, I'm having to clean key board and screen due to spraying coffee over them. :D
 
Fat_Cav said:
2/51 said:
vandyke said:
2/51 said:
The "Yellow Brooch" is Scots Guards...the other Seaforths..who were amalgamated in 1961 and the badge in that form was no longer used.
QOH used the same cap badge as did the highlanders right up till amalgamation into RRS (with the additional crown that may very well be missing)
Not quite....the crown and thistle are missing..and the Highlanders badge was stabrite, not white metal. (I was one ;))

The only "metal" badge used by the highlanders was a 3D one..which does not have the stags head atached to the motto scroll as its a 3 piece badge.

Loking at that one, its one of the earlier Seaforths ones as the fixings are not in place for the Crown and thistle.
Guys, sorry to get pedantic but. . .

QOH - Queens Own Hussars (Fine Senior light Cavalry Regiment of the British Army, formed 1685)

QOHldrs- The Queen's Own Highlanders (Seaforth and Camerons), Traditional Scottish Regiment of foot, formed circa. 1793.
If you are going to be pedantic and correct my faults, at least get your facts right :)

2/51 my apologies you are correct, I Forgot all ranks of the Highlanders adopted the 3 piece 3D badge.
 

Latest Threads

Top