Peter Moore

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_n_fat, Dec 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to the foreign office, peter moore has been released in Iraq. Some excellent news.
  2. That is good news. Lots of politicking been going on over this.

4. Fantastic news. Although here has always been very little mentioned about McMenemy, I hope his case has a similair outcome.
  5. Good news but still one more to go. Lets not forget the three that didn't get back alive.
  6. Excellent news, I never imagined he'd return home safe. A happy new year for the Moore family!
  7. Fantastic news ! :D
  8. Great news :D

Now lets sit back and watch cyclops and co take credit for his release and throw things at the TV in disgust :x :x
  9. Must be a right laugh at your house, I can imagine the furore over breakfast when you realise youve run out of milk, you screaming loudly at the sky cursing the PM then throwing darts violently all morning at A4 pictures of half the cabinet members

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Why only half?
  11. Hello,

the Foreign Secretary appears to be choosing his words very carefully:

From here:

One can't help but wonder what insubstantive concessions were made and whether those concessions might have resulted in happier outcomes for others had they been made earlier.

12. I must admit, my first thought was, "Nice to hear some GOOD news for a change!" :D

"I wonder what this bloke's freedom cost, and who paid?" followed with indecent haste... :oops:
  13. Mr Moore was kidnapped by a Shia militia, leaning towards Iran.
    Iran is currently in the news for all the wrong reasons, and is complaining about the Western and particularly the BBC coverage.
    Suddenly, there is a good news story. I smell a concession. The Iranians broker his release, in exchange for less BBC coverage of the Iranian opposition.

Or I might need to go an polish my tinfoil hat.
  14. Peter Moore released, New year celebrations in the news. Call me a cynic but keep your eyes open for some smuggeled news story to slip under the Moore radar