Peter Jackson to make Sharpe Movie with added Dragons!?!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by armchair_jihad, Sep 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Peter Jackson is turning his hand to an air force of dragons, manned by crews of aviators.

Téméraire, a historical fantasy book series that sees squadrons of dragons fighting in the Napoleonic wars. The plot centres on British naval captain Will Laurence, who seizes a French ship and discovers an unhatched dragon egg - a gift from the emperor of China to Napoleon. When the egg hatches, he is forced to become the dragon's keeper. The monster is called Téméraire (meaning "Daring" in French).

"Téméraire is a terrific meld of two genres that I particularly love - fantasy and historical epic," Jackson told The Hollywood Reporter. "I can't wait to see Napoleonic battles fought with a squadron of dragons. That's what I go to the movies for."

8O

Its Jackson though so however duff it sounds it will be undoubtedly great entertainment and lets not forget it will be 120 mins of the french being duffed up :lol: .

Article in full

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1870555,00.html

2. Well worth the 80 million price tag, or they could just let the Lads on POTL on the loose in france with some beer money and a couple of camcorders.

will be entertaining either way!