pete tong is a DJ , the phrase "it's all gone a bit peter tong" is just rhyming
slang for wrong , this originated in ibeefa in the early '90s

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
shortfuse said:
pete tong is a DJ , the phrase "it's all gone a bit peter tong" is just rhyming
slang for wrong , this originated in ibeefa in the early '90s
Cobblers...you've obviously never listened to the Essential Selection...Pete Tong used to have a jingle on his show ...some throaty chick saying

'It's all gone a bit Pete Tong!'

from my recent MPC(A) it seems to have passed into Instructor slang. Eventually, nobody will remember he's a real bloke.

Pete Tong is the Godfather of British dance music. Radio One Friday night 6-8 pm.....The Essential Selection...comin' in YOUR direction!

( good grief....kids today....I dunno....) 8)

Le Chevre

au contraire goatman , the phrase was doing the rounds way before the "throaty bird" jingle , and is originally credited to mr .nicky holloway , his good friend and one of the "originals" of the british dance music scene.

that was when he was good mind you , all he really does now is take the money and run ....... still better than that commercial cheesey w*nker judge jules though.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
shortfuse said:
au contraire goatman , the phrase was doing the rounds way before the "throaty bird" jingle , and is originally credited to mr .nicky holloway , his good friend and one of the "originals" of the british dance music scene.

that was when he was good mind you , all he really does now is take the money and run ....... still better than that commercial cheesey w*nker judge jules though.
I stand corrected S-F.....used to listen to P-T in the late 90's,when I also briefly lurked a subversive and scurrilous newsgroup called uk.music.rave....

I dunno....P-T seems to play more rap and drum and bass than he used to...maybe that's just what's in the clubs.....bring back Sash!/Robert Miles/Grace (Orange Flava!)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Plastic Yank said:
Goatman said:
shortfuse said:

from my recent MPC(A) it seems to have passed into Instructor slang. Eventually, nobody will remember he's a real bloke.
Gordon Bennett :!: :!: whatever will happen next :D
yeah, yeah fine.....at least Pete Tong is still alive!
You'll be dragging J Arthur Rank and Sir Thomas Crapper in next...

Jesus Christ!

How daft do you want to get. Ohh god! :)

Would you Adam & Eve it!

(never say the lords name in vain, you might have to meet him one day) :)

Goatman said:
Plastic Yank said:
Goatman said:
shortfuse said:

Gordon Bennett :!: :!: whatever will happen next :D
yeah, yeah fine.....at least Pete Tong is still alive!
You'll be dragging J Arthur Rank and Sir Thomas Crapper in next...
Listen your Names will all be Mudd if this carrys on :!:

Gary Crowley - The Red Box club Capital Radio - London

All the latest breaks and Beats from the US.

Unfortunately,I think they call it old skool now :oops:

But back in the day ,croozin the streets of Sarf Landan in the XR3 ....ahhhh memories :D

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
MyssL said:
8O Now you guys are really beginning to show your ages LOL :p

MyssL
I'm with you there MyssL, they're a bunch of senile farts.

They all sit around in their bathchairs, smelling of cabbage & p*ss, playing conkers with their colostomy bags......

:wink:

Latest Threads