Pete Shelley dead

Class band and a great singer. Homosapien (post Buzzcocks) was a classic - I was just blasting it the other day.

Class band and a great singer. Homosapien (post Buzzcocks) was a classic - I was just blasting it the other day.
Genuinely impressed you have that Album
I met him in 2016 at the afternoon party when the Members supported them at The Roundhouse. Lovely guy, very modest and approachable, chatted away and he signed a setlist I procured...

I've seen the Buzzcocks play many times, but was fortunate to meet up with Pete and Steve after a gig in Leeds about fifteen years ago. They were walking down the street and we just got chatting, ended up taking them round some of the seedier and darker parts of town where the ale was good and the atmosphere friendly. What a really nice chap he was, I don't think he ever fully grasped how much influence he had over so many people of my age. First saw them in 1979, last saw them 2016. So much energy. 63 is too young.

As a young Signaler I shared a room with a crusty old Lance Jack, all he listened to was the Buzzcocks, or the Macc Lads, depending how drunk he was, both at full volume. As I was straight out of the factory, I had no gear of my own, so was forced to listen to his. I'm glad I did.

I had never heard of either until I met him. I still listen to the Buzzcocks now, the Macc lads- not so much!

MB

ugly

LE
At times like this I think its better to celebrate what they gave us rather than mourn their loss. After all its not as if he was still releasing chart toppers is it? If he had a catalogue even half way as extensive as the Hendrix clan claim then it would be a shame to not have heard them performed. If all of his output is out there then thanks for the music. Turning Japanese was indeed an anthem of my youth!

Never fallen in love with someone...

At times like this I think its better to celebrate what they gave us rather than mourn their loss. After all its not as if he was still releasing chart toppers is it? If he had a catalogue even half way as extensive as the Hendrix clan claim then it would be a shame to not have heard them performed. If all of his output is out there then thanks for the music. Turning Japanese was indeed an anthem of my youth!

Never fallen in love with someone...

[WAH SHIELD ON] Turning Japanese? By The Vapors? [/WAH SHIELD OFF]

ugly

LE
[WAH SHIELD ON] Turning Japanese? By The Vapors? [/WAH SHIELD OFF]
Good spot, it was still an anthem of my youth. I take it you read further down or did my alzheimers kick in?

ugly

LE

ugly

LE
Colour me double shocked...I agree with Liz
You cant say crap on the radio
but you can write fu c k on twitter

That generation who upset our parents, changed the whole moral outlook of the UK and made it cool to swear as a teen

One of the most memorable times I saw Pete in action was when they played in 2008 at the Beverly Folk Festival. Seeing the faces of the beardy tree huggers when they opened with Orgasm Addict was a wonder to behold.