Pete Bloom R.I.P

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cutaway, Jan 27, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I have just received word this evening that we have lost another damn good soldier. Not in action but to a prolonged and severe debilitating illness.

Pete Bloom was, amongst his many skills, a Bootie sniper instructor, and he saw his share. Even after he left continued to train Servicemen, and civvies, in proper riflecraft. The bloke really knew his stuff. Skills second to none. Apart from being an excellent man in the field, he had a fine sense of humour, right up until the end, and was an all round good mucker.

I realise that a lot of you will not have heard of him but a number of blokes here on Arrse knew him, some of us very well. To those of us that did his departure has left a void that will not be filled.

Cheers muckergee, thanks for the good times. Go well.

2. Pete Bloom was a gentleman and an outstanding riflemen. A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to fire an L42 that he had recently sold. The new owner had made no adjustments. The rifle was solid, dependable and deadly accurate, just like Pete.
    Vayo con dias, amigo.

3. rest in peace

4. Is this the same EX tri service pistol shooter and National Squad member?

Both my father and I shot shoulder to shoulder and against him many times at Bisley, he was an outstanding all rounder from classic to precision, he was a sound instructor and passed on his experience without hesitation and was an credit to the sport.

He was also a demon in the Pavilion and MArine bar after a day on the range...

A sad day

5. I think I just realised who Pete Bloom is.

Rest in Peace Pete , a sad loss.

6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

One and the same MDN. Also a good man to have at the NRA. An extremely skilled and experienced instr, but never one to make a noise about it, just helped out and moved on.

(Check out your PMs.)

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

To those of you who knew Pete and haven't been informed by the grapevine, his funeral is at Devon and Exeter Cremy on Fri 30 Jan 04 at 13:45 hrs. Followed by a bash, location of which you'll get at the cremy.

No flowers by request, donations please to SSAFA.

That's Pete, dead and still helping the boys !

8. Gutted that I can't attend but my old man is trekking south in the weather to pay his respects.

The NRA, HBSA and a dozen other shooting organizations have lost an outstanding, well respected asset and friend

Rest in peace, mate