Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Nil-desperandum, Aug 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm sad to report the untimely death of Pete (Big PC) Campbell on Tues 5th Aug. Pete was serving as the PSAO of 61 (City of Edinburgh) Signal Squadron, 32 Signal Regiment at the time of his death.

A notable all-round sportsman, Peter excelled at Football and played the game at the highest representative level. An old fashioned centre forward who took no prisoners and scared the life out of defences.

His sense of humour and love of life was truly infectious and I was honoured to have served with him and to have been his friend for over 30 years.

He will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

RIP Big Man.
  2. RIP Pete.

You will be missed.
  3. Heard this sad news yesterday, condolences to his family.

RIP PC, thanks for the laughs.
  4. Sorry to hear of his death, and his name rings a bell - was he the Superintendent Clerk in Soest in the 80s?
  5. RIP Big Man.
  6. I knew PC from my time with 32 (Scottish) Signal Regiment. A larger than life "Arthur Daley " type figure, with a great sense of humour. His Christmas parties over at 61 Sig Sqn were legendary.
    RIP Pete.
  7. Donny,you got him.
  8. enjoyed many a jar with PC - He will be sadly missed

9. Only met him once back in 97 when i was on R + R, He opened up the bar at Chesser when i dropped into see a mate who was posted there. By **** it got messy, take it easy big fella.
  10. That it did mate.

Pete was a cracking bloke, hands like shovels and a fantastic man to have on your side.
  11. An absolutely top bloke; legendary parties.

End of Mission Big Pete.
  12. Thanks, Slipperman. Shame - he was a good guy.

13. Gobsmacked and Saddened.

I served with PC in 32 Sigs. Larger than life and a true character.

Every year he organised a Christmas Party and invited only those he felt deserved inviting. The CO was invited as a matter of course, but anyone else had to deserve it. Being invited was like being 'made' in mafia circles........

Very old school and very, very good. Sorely missed.
  14. Did Pete ever serve at 14 SR?