Is it time to get rid of the Bearskin

• Yes it is a violation of animal rights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it is not a violation of animal rights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BiscuitsAB said:
The_Cad said:
I don't object to animal experimentation for medical research but cruelty for the sake of fashion or religious practice just seems wrong.

If PETA want to make an issue of Hal Al cruelty for instance I will support their campaign against bearskins.

A synthetic alternative will make the wooden tops appear just as silly as the real thing anyway.
Halal? can you eat bears? I know you can eat pussy but bears?
It's amazing what you can find on t'interweb

clicky

As Terry Pratchett remarks, its amazing how often animal rights activists fail to throw paint at leather clad bikers.

The Bears are shot as part of a cull. If x number get shot then the MOD buys X number of pelts to make Bearskins from. If none get culled then the MOD gets no pelts simple as that. How f**king simple does it have to be for these twats to understand THE BEARS GET CULLED regardless! They are not shot just for wooden top hats!!!

P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
Presumably you want the bears carcass buried with fur attached then, it won't stop anything.
If the MOD doesn't provide the demand the supply will fall away.
The supply of dead bears?

I hate to break it to you, but they are all going to die at some stage. Even the really cute, little furry ones.

msr

P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
Presumably you want the bears carcass buried with fur attached then, it won't stop anything.
No it won't, the bears aren't culled to make the hats, they're culled to control the population. Making the hats is just a use of the dead bear.

CQMS said:
P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
No it won't, the bears aren't culled to make the hats, they're culled to control the population. Making the hats is just a use of the dead bear.
In the same way that fur seals are culled to control the population?

P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
Fine, we'll make the hats out of seal. Are you saying that no animals should be culled? Even if they'll starve if they aren't?

CQMS said:
BiscuitsAB said:
The_Cad said:
I don't object to animal experimentation for medical research but cruelty for the sake of fashion or religious practice just seems wrong.

If PETA want to make an issue of Hal Al cruelty for instance I will support their campaign against bearskins.

A synthetic alternative will make the wooden tops appear just as silly as the real thing anyway.
Halal? can you eat bears? I know you can eat pussy but bears?
It's amazing what you can find on t'interweb

clicky

That is depraved. Why on earth would anyone want to eat bear meat?

P.E.T.A said:
Jog on, do a little research outside of your normal fluffy bunny comics and propaganda and guess one................ Bears, Seals, Moose and all sorts of animals have there population controlled through Culls, It's just a shame we can't do the same with Chavs and animal rights activists :twisted:

P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
No, bears are shot, the baby seals are clubbed to death.

CQMS said:
P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
And that makes it less repugnent?

CQMS said:
P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
Thats because baby seals can't fight back!

Must be French Canadians culling them.

In the same way Deer, cattle, sheep are culled for meat or population control. Perhaps you should go to Australia and tell them to stop culling Roos for biking leathers. What about Badgers for Sporrans?

Sorry another half arsed project going for an "easy" Govt target.

P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
And that makes it less repugnent?
Well given a choice which way would you want to go?

I'm sure the government is creaming it's shorts at the thought of sucking off the animal rights brigade. this is pointless, there are much bigger seals to club... er fish to fry!

CQMS said:
P.E.T.A said:
CQMS said:
The Ontario government did away with the spring bear hunt a number of years ago, and now the population of bears has soared, leading to a number of nuisance bears, who go into populated areas, and quite naturally panic the locals.

Anglers & Hunters view

I haven't answered the poll, as it is sadly lacking the option I'd like to see:

3). Members of PETA skinned and made into Bass Drummers Aprons

Latest Threads