PETA and the MoD

Is it time to get rid of the Bearskin

  • Yes it is a violation of animal rights

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it is not a violation of animal rights

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#1
Telegraph Report

Baroness Taylor, the minister for defence procurement, will meet representatives from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) this week to discuss the idea of having the 18-inch helmets, worn by Guards regiments on ceremonial duty at the royal residence, made from synthetical materials.

The Ministry of Defence is said to be open to the idea, provided any alternative can be worn in all weathers. Peta has now enlisted a host of anti-fur fashion designers, including Stella McCartney and Vivienne Westwood, to create a new helmet.

An MoD spokesman said the meeting would be taking place but refused to confirm what would be discussed.

He said: “The MoD is not opposed to the use of synthetic materials as an alternative to bearskins, provided such materials meet the requirement for a high quality product that performs adequately in all weather conditions. Regrettably, a suitable alternative continues to prove elusive.”
Can't they just get a life and fcuk off.
 
#2
Countryman said:
Telegraph Report

Baroness Taylor, the minister for defence procurement, will meet representatives from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) this week to discuss the idea of having the 18-inch helmets, worn by Guards regiments on ceremonial duty at the royal residence, made from synthetical materials.

The Ministry of Defence is said to be open to the idea, provided any alternative can be worn in all weathers. Peta has now enlisted a host of anti-fur fashion designers, including Stella McCartney and Vivienne Westwood, to create a new helmet.

An MoD spokesman said the meeting would be taking place but refused to confirm what would be discussed.

He said: “The MoD is not opposed to the use of synthetic materials as an alternative to bearskins, provided such materials meet the requirement for a high quality product that performs adequately in all weather conditions. Regrettably, a suitable alternative continues to prove elusive.”
Can't they just get a life and fcuk off.
Stella McCartney eh? Here's what the well dressed guardsman about town will be wearing next season.

 
#4
As I understand it, The MOD get their skin from ethical sources. i.e the bears are killed as part of an annual cull so they will die regardless of weather the Army switch to synthetic or not.

Does it not make sense to make as much use of these culled animals, rather than just kill and dispose of them? But you can't reason with these idiots
 
#5
Its bad enough they want to take the bearskins, whats worse is letting the hippy fecks design it as well!
 
#6
MOD penny pinching if they can get peta to pony up the cash for synthetic Bearskins that work so much the better. Guards get bearskins that work gratis :twisted: bears still get shot everybody wins :twisted:
apart from the bears obviously :roll:
 
#7
LondonTankie said:
Its bad enough they want to take the bearskins, whats worse is letting the hippy fecks design it as well!
Rubbish. Look at the magnificent makeover Ms Westwood did for the Brigade of Guards in Thailand.

 
#8
Ancient_Mariner said:
LondonTankie said:
Its bad enough they want to take the bearskins, whats worse is letting the hippy fecks design it as well!
Rubbish. Look at the magnificent makeover Ms Westwood did for the Brigade of Guards in Thailand.

feck me that is quite gucci
 
#9
The only animal right involved here should be, its right to use these animals rather than just waste them for sport.

At least they get to be of use once they are culled.


They tried a synthetic bearskin back in the 80's, it looked shite, it didnt brush into shape very well, and it didnt look right next to a real one.

So in other words, sod your synthetics, stick with the real thing, it looks better and is gathered from "ethical" sources.



God I hate lefty veggi lezzer environmentalist tree hugging tossers sticking their noses in everything, get a life and save the lesser spotted tree rabbit from extinction or something worth bothering the world about.
 
#11
You just can't get a decent Ducks Arrse in a synthetic one.

The animal rights folk used to get really upset with the white bear skin, apparantly polar bears are in short supply
 
#13
Given that P.E.T.A are meeting with the MOD what are the views on serving members of the Armed Forces on the horrific use of bear skins to support the sickening industrial extermination of this species.

The campaign is gathering speed and has the support of such great comedians as Ricky Gervais.

PETA Files
 
#15
Given that MOD are guaranteeing freedoms for PETA what are the views of Vegetarians on the horrific use of free speech to support the sickening industrial promulgation of this species.

The campaign is gathering speed and has the support of such great celebs as Ross Kemp.

MOD Files
 
#17
I don't object to animal experimentation for medical research but cruelty for the sake of fashion or religious practice just seems wrong.

If PETA want to make an issue of Hal Al cruelty for instance I will support their campaign against bearskins.

A synthetic alternative will make the wooden tops appear just as silly as the real thing anyway.
 
#19
The_Cad said:
I don't object to animal experimentation for medical research but cruelty for the sake of fashion or religious practice just seems wrong.

If PETA want to make an issue of Hal Al cruelty for instance I will support their campaign against bearskins.

A synthetic alternative will make the wooden tops appear just as silly as the real thing anyway.
Halal? can you eat bears? I know you can eat pussy but bears?
 

Latest Threads