PETA and the MoD

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Countryman, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Yes it is a violation of animal rights

0 vote(s)
  2. No it is not a violation of animal rights

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Telegraph Report

Can't they just get a life and fcuk off.
  2. Stella McCartney eh? Here's what the well dressed guardsman about town will be wearing next season.

3. Can they be made out of nylon so that when there is a thunder storm all the hairs stand up ? :D
  4. As I understand it, The MOD get their skin from ethical sources. i.e the bears are killed as part of an annual cull so they will die regardless of weather the Army switch to synthetic or not.

Does it not make sense to make as much use of these culled animals, rather than just kill and dispose of them? But you can't reason with these idiots
  5. Its bad enough they want to take the bearskins, whats worse is letting the hippy fecks design it as well!
  6. MOD penny pinching if they can get peta to pony up the cash for synthetic Bearskins that work so much the better. Guards get bearskins that work gratis :twisted: bears still get shot everybody wins :twisted:
    apart from the bears obviously :roll:
  7. Rubbish. Look at the magnificent makeover Ms Westwood did for the Brigade of Guards in Thailand.

8. feck me that is quite gucci
  9. The only animal right involved here should be, its right to use these animals rather than just waste them for sport.

At least they get to be of use once they are culled.

They tried a synthetic bearskin back in the 80's, it looked shite, it didnt brush into shape very well, and it didnt look right next to a real one.

So in other words, sod your synthetics, stick with the real thing, it looks better and is gathered from "ethical" sources.

God I hate lefty veggi lezzer environmentalist tree hugging tossers sticking their noses in everything, get a life and save the lesser spotted tree rabbit from extinction or something worth bothering the world about.
  10. You just can't get a decent Ducks Arrse in a synthetic one.

The animal rights folk used to get really upset with the white bear skin, apparantly polar bears are in short supply
  11. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

on the other hand you have to admit their ads are ... nice :D

some examples ... just for research of course

and as well nice for women to look at :)

12. Given that P.E.T.A are meeting with the MOD what are the views on serving members of the Armed Forces on the horrific use of bear skins to support the sickening industrial extermination of this species.

The campaign is gathering speed and has the support of such great comedians as Ricky Gervais.

PETA Files
  13. The bears are culled. The MoD also hasn't found an alternative with the same qualities, as far as I know.
  14. msr

msr LE

Given that MOD are guaranteeing freedoms for PETA what are the views of Vegetarians on the horrific use of free speech to support the sickening industrial promulgation of this species.

The campaign is gathering speed and has the support of such great celebs as Ross Kemp.

MOD Files