Pet Insurance

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by tricky_ricky, Sep 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Advice Please:

I'm about to be posted to Germany (End of next month) and I require to re-new my dog insurance as the one I have at the moment (Sainsbury's) doesnt cover moving abroad.
    So to save me trawling the internet trying to find one that does, could anyone tell me if I'm better of just getting insured from a German insurance company or go through NAAFI.

Any advice is appreciated

2. We purchased our dog in Germany and we took out Pet Insurance with a UK based Company called JBI International and upon our return to the UK went with More Than, however, JBI were very good, here is the email address:

insurance@jbi-ins.co.uk

www.jbionline.com

Tel - +44 (0) 118 981 0222

They deal with HM Forces in Europe, here is an extract from their splash screen home page:
    JBI PetCare

Armed Forces Pet Insurance
    JBI recognise that many H.M. Armed Forces personnel and M.O.D civilians attached have pet cats and dogs and that you want to ensure that they receive immediate veterinary care when they are injured or fall sick.

Key features

Cover for the UK and other European countries (as listed)
    No requirement to be residing 'behind the wire'
    2 benefit levels to choose from
    10% discount on each additional pet
    £2 million third party liability cover (dogs only)
    24 hour family legal expenses helpline

Hope this helps

Regards

LJS

3. Very much appreciated LJS, Thats great advice for which I'll be using, once again, thank you you saved me a load of time.