Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Pet hates...

True enough, but gonig to sandhurst has nothnig to do with saluting. (asside from the sword drill and what-not).

I don't think I need to go to Sandhurst either, I'd just really like to. It is an excellent place to learn to lead people in a military environment, and an excellent way to improve the military skills of the CCF or ACF Officers out there.

I don't think we can deny that there are some Officers out there who's knowledge is worse than their Cadet Corporals. In my eyes that is wrong. I don't think you could get away with spending any time at RMAS without coming away having learnt a great deal about the Armed Forces family that one is joining. (Youth Leaders or not, I prefer people to have decent turn-out and proffesionalism when in the Queen's Uniform.)

Anyway, it seems I've stirred up quite a discussion here and I don't want to be treading on any toes..

Grim

therealbigdizzle said:
SLS1179 said:
therealbigdizzle said:
FFAGrimReaper said:
Not so much a pet hate but: I dislike the fact that ACF and CCF officers never need to see the gates of Sandhurst.

Being a CCF officer myself i sorely feel this loss - and I think it'd teach a great deal more, to go there for 2 weeks as opposed to a week spent a Frimley. Is this just because I'm an ex-cadet and have the fieldcraft basics down?

Grim

it's not a week. it's 2 weekends.

Uh no, really - it's a week at Frimley

uh no, really - it's 2 weekends. a friend just did it. IAB, then ITC, then 'CFCB' of 2 weekends, then like magic she's an officer.
Yes, that's for the ACF. The CCF, IIRC have a week course at Frimley to teach them how to wear the uniform in a comic fashion, forget to return salutes, and fcuk off at the first whiff of any work on camp and leave it to the SSI's.

The ACF Officer will likely have prior service in HM Forces or will have done ITC, AI's, even KGVI

walt_of_the_walts said:
therealbigdizzle said:
SLS1179 said:
therealbigdizzle said:
FFAGrimReaper said:
Not so much a pet hate but: I dislike the fact that ACF and CCF officers never need to see the gates of Sandhurst.

Being a CCF officer myself i sorely feel this loss - and I think it'd teach a great deal more, to go there for 2 weeks as opposed to a week spent a Frimley. Is this just because I'm an ex-cadet and have the fieldcraft basics down?

Grim

uh no, really - it's 2 weekends. a friend just did it. IAB, then ITC, then 'CFCB' of 2 weekends, then like magic she's an officer.
Yes, that's for the ACF. The CCF, IIRC have a week course at Frimley to teach them how to wear the uniform in a comic fashion, forget to return salutes, and fcuk off at the first whiff of any work on camp and leave it to the SSI's.

The ACF Officer will likely have prior service in HM Forces or will have done ITC, AI's, even KGVI

no regular service (thank god!) and just ITC. like I said.

But I didn't realise we were talking CCF... because we were in the ACF forum. my bad.

therealbigdizzle said:
walt_of_the_walts said:
therealbigdizzle said:
SLS1179 said:
therealbigdizzle said:
FFAGrimReaper said:

Grim

no regular service (thank god!) and just ITC. like I said.

But I didn't realise we were talking CCF... because we were in the ACF forum. my bad.

Boron!

Chasing_Aimless said:
Not particularly keen on people who wear their berets like they are para's, with the cap badge pulled right round to the side....it's like come on mate, you're in the SPS...

I found that telling the young SPS members that it would be a lot easier for them to adjust their berets than it would be for me to adjust their necks worked a treat. Not too threatening, but enough to make them think that smiley Sarge might have a bit of a nasty streak.

there is not CCF forum these boards are approximately by arm) :)

umm ref: CCF Officers forgetting to salute and being work-shy... I'd like to suggest we're not all like that?

If I may...?

Grim

FiveAlpha said:
FFBox said:
Cougar said:
Track_Link said:
Oh and calling weapons guns... That annoys me too.

But what if it is a gun? i.e. GPMG!

Then it's gimpy or minimi! Guns are what the RA have and salute.

It's also what gimpy's are called. Just to keep this on thread, my pet hates are adults who join youth organisations solely to prey on children.

Pet hates....................................? You know many?

FiveAlpha said:
FFBox said:
Cougar said:
Track_Link said:
Oh and calling weapons guns... That annoys me too.

But what if it is a gun? i.e. GPMG!

Then it's gimpy or minimi! Guns are what the RA have and salute.

It's also what gimpy's are called. Just to keep this on thread, my pet hates are adults who join youth organisations solely to prey on children.

my pet hate is paedos who try and convince people that all cadet instructors are paedos just to cover up their own disease.

have you not noticed how nobody gives a sh*t?