Personal Webpages?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by wkdblue, Dec 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :? Hey, can someone let me know what the armys stance on webpages with stuff on about yourself... i.e myspace with profiles and pics (uniform and none uniform) As far as I was aware as it didn't give a bad image to the armed forces it would be ok... just had a colleague tell me to be careful and may have to ask permission????
    Cheers in advance guys.
    (Not sure if this is posted in the right place.. thought it may come under discipline)
  2. Erm, that sounds like complete and utter b0llox to be honest mate! I'm sure the powers-that-be have more important things to worry about than somebodies MySpace page.
  3. Unless you work in one of the strange sneaky beaky intelligence type places then i'm pretty sure they won't care, nothign came back to us lot at least when we had a squadron leaderboard on hot or not, so don't worry.

As long as you don't do something stupid such as a blatant persec/opsec breech no-one will care
  4. You're a Squaddie, not a member of the Royal Family! it shouldn't be a problem, but obviously keep Opsec in mind at all times...

5. If you read blogs by police officers, a fairly common theme is the fear that they're going to be outed and hauled in for "reeducation".
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

If you want your name out there then that is up to you, however please try not to
    mention where you are about to be posted, what unit you are in and what your address is etc.

Ie throw your own name onto the web but not your mates.

Otherwise have fun :)
  7. Or if you are in uniform, make sure you're not hanging out the back of a goat, beating a civvie, raping a tourist, or reprimanding an oik.

This things are considered bad. And are not liked by the higher echelons.

8. Attention has been drawn to sites like my space where squaddies have posted and been less than discreet. Informing the world of what unit theyre from and that theyre off on ops to iraqistan on this date to do this job and so on. If you want to stoke your ego by having your own website then go ahead just remember that if you breach opsec its not just you that your putting at risk but the other members of your unit.
  9. Just post a link to your page I'm sure you will get constructive criticism :roll: :D :D