personal weapon choice

at the risk of boring you all and coming across as a gobby newcomer,please bear with me on this as you could all benefit in the long run. when i was issued a weapon it was the SLR complete with mahogany furnishing and optional extras,now this friggin thing weighed about 11lbs loaded,this got me thinking along the lines of,hold on i,m hardly going to use this to actually kill anyone(after all im ordinary forces)this thing an me is only going to be in each others company for drill, guard duties, and the occasional shot on the ranges,so i got to thinking about having a alternative weapon, after much thought i came up with the DIANA 177clb air rifle,stay with me on this one lads, thinking of the plusses and minuses of both weapons,SLRplus points no.1 is that it will stop a charging rhino,errm cant think of another, now the DIANA, no1 negligent discharge,whos going to know?, no2 loss of ammo, easy just nip to sport shop and buy another tinful,no3 onparade most members of the public would,nt notice anyway,right heres where you benefit,all non combatant rifles could be sold to some dago country and the proceeds could be ploughed into the naafi bars,job done,
also there is a recreational bonus,when you come into barracks at night hammered,you can fire dried raisins at each other,trust me it works, can anyone think of any fors or against for this

You loon. Have you been on the cider?

Gat gun. Calibre .177, but loaded with darts with feathers on the end twas the menace of the neighbourhood.... jumpers for goalposts etc etc :lol:

OF do you have dementia? Fruitbat.

webbly tempest 177cal

easy to hide and hurts like a son of a biatch!!

does squirrels good too

but talking real guns id go for a two berretas.(ideal for chav hunting)

but really why airguns?a catapult probably does more damage to your mates

unless you get this beast
http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=106

id love to dial this baby up and sniper the airsoft girlys and watch the expressions...(i can just imagine lying prone in the bushes above an airsoft meet and enjoying myself for hours)

Wait - this is brilliant! Rifle sized sekadin guns! then we can all walt it up as Airsofters. We can hang around in pubs telling all and sundry about the time we were up against BB and Stirling mob, plastic pellets coming in like hail stones, fat mong gits to the left of us, fat mong gits to right and nothing but five silver little balls between us and .....well nothing really. They were just gits.

No gentleman would contemplate going into battle with anything other than a brace of Holland and Holland shotguns, and a manservant to load them.

I remember an air rifle finding its way into the block.
It ended with an amused BOS and indignant Orderly Officer interupting a saturday afternoon game of William Tell in the corridor, as the lads took turns to shoot at beer cans balanced on each others heads.
A German civilian also came to the main gate to report being shot in the leg - though thaat may have been another incident - my memory is a bit hazy.
I do remember that we spent rather a long time 'making amends' for the damage done to the light switches and doors in the block with the first air rifle. Happy days.

My personal weapon of choice would be a SMLE MK4 with a pig sticker bayonet. I would however be accompanied at all times by two bods with SA80s (the new version that actually works) with UGLs.

I would not carry a pistol but a revolver - I think a .357 Colt Python with an 8" barrel on which I might mount a telescopic sight and occasionally attempt head shots at 50m.
A Ruger Redhawk .44 might also be good for 'sporting shots' though I prefer .357.

:? why all the fuss with airsoft ???

get the air rifle thing and convert to fire mini flares !! cheap and bloody good fun when launched at guardrooms after a night out! :twisted:

Shelf_Stacker said:
It's either got to be a bike chain
Hah, you must of been a greaser, Doc Martin boots for me :)

John_Charity_Spring said:
I think a .357 Colt Python with an 8" barrel on which I might mount a telescopic sight and occasionally attempt head shots at 50m.
You've just gone down in my estimation, Colt would be better attempting to manufacture netball hoops than a decent revolver, they are wank.

Give me a pair of Webley fosberrys and a helmet mounted Oerlikon cannon