Personal Tax Allowance and Income Tax Bands for the new Tax Year

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
Scotland
PAYE tax rates and thresholds2019 to 2020 Employee personal allowance£240 per week
£1,042 per month
£12,500 per year

Scottish starter tax rate 19% on annual earnings above the PAYE tax threshold and up to £2,049
Scottish basic tax rate 20% on annual earnings from £2,050 to £12,444
Scottish intermediate tax rate 21% on annual earnings from £12,445 to £30,930
Scottish higher tax rate 41% on annual earnings from £30,931 to £150,000
Scottish top tax rate 46% on annual earnings above £150,000

Hee hee

Scotland
PAYE tax rates and thresholds2019 to 2020 Employee personal allowance£240 per week
£1,042 per month
£12,500 per year

Scottish starter tax rate 19% on annual earnings above the PAYE tax threshold and up to £2,049
Scottish basic tax rate 20% on annual earnings from £2,050 to £12,444
Scottish intermediate tax rate 21% on annual earnings from £12,445 to £30,930
Scottish higher tax rate 41% on annual earnings from £30,931 to £150,000
Scottish top tax rate 46% on annual earnings above £150,000

Hee hee
how does that affect troops based in scotland?

do they pay Scottish tax or proper tax?

Because it looks like my peers (when I left) would be £140+ down on this deal.

Scotland’s income tax rates are now very different from England’s. Here’s the breakdown, and how it affects you

does this mean we can kick the Barnet t formula into touch?

how does that affect troops based in scotland?

do they pay Scottish tax or proper tax?

Because it looks like my peers (when I left) would be £140+ down on this deal.

Scotland’s income tax rates are now very different from England’s. Here’s the breakdown, and how it affects you

does this mean we can kick the Barnet t formula into touch?
They pay Scottish tax, but get compensated to balance out whether they are posted tomScotland or other parts of the U.K.
Tax compensation for soldiers to continue

"The Scottish Conservatives have described the targeting of higher earners as a “tax on aspiration”, warning that it could deter wealth creators from moving north of the border. "
I fell about laughing when I read that.

Some wealthy relatives with a small eatate moved all their liquid assets south of the border years ago, anticipating meanee politics of envy from the SNP.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
"The Scottish Conservatives have described the targeting of higher earners as a “tax on aspiration”, warning that it could deter wealth creators from moving north of the border. "
I fell about laughing when I read that.
This will also be REALLY helpful for Nicola Sturgeon's aspiration for independence.

This will also be REALLY helpful for Nicola Sturgeon's aspiration for independence.
Nah, given the woeful lack of tax inspectors in HMRC, this aspiration even for the SNP is completely absurd. The way the great and to good have structured their tax affairs, colluding with the EU means it’s merely verbal bollocks. It’s already done and dusted and both treasuries know it. What will kill JC’s aspirations darn saf, is the fact that he will have to tax his voter base more. It’s been 9years since Labour lost office, what was the tax code then? And it was Labour who started Austerity.
But then wee Nikki will want to have the EUro and sign up to Brussels control of min tax rates in the great Eurozone. Just as it geplatzes :mrgreen::mrgreen:. I think this is fun. Well done Nikki Scots Indi the way to go.

Sorry. I struggle to follow your logic. SP sent to Scotland have to lay more I come tax. The MOD compensates them for their loss brought about being ordered to work and live there.

Sorry. I struggle to follow your logic. SP sent to Scotland have to lay more I come tax. The MOD compensates them for their loss brought about being ordered to work and live there.
And whilst there do prescriptions, for family, get charged to take into. Account the mod compensation? For example.

Wider scope of education, smaller (by law) class sizes, free university, in education.

And whilst there do prescriptions, for family, get charged to take into. Account the mod compensation? For example.

Wider scope of education, smaller (by law) class sizes, free university, in education.
Yes, but, they are having to live in Scotland...

I don't know what concessions are available to SP and their families.