Personal Survival Kits

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
When in tanks in Regs we had a small pack which was supposed to hold our bug out kit , but it never did.
Then in the infantry T.A. we all made our own tobacco tin survival kits which we had about our person. I laid out a snare a few times but being a townie it never worked .

Are personal survival kits still in vogue now with troops ?

When i was discharged from the FRENCH Foreign Legion ( after two weeks ! ), those that went to get their kit were buggered about by the staff their kit was chucked about a bit and they were general messed about. However when it came to my time the soldier saw my survival kit and my burned mess tins ( I had gone off grid for a bit) we had a good chat. orff I went with no embuggerence .

bedended

War Hero
When in tanks in Regs we had a small pack which was supposed to hold our bug out kit , but it never did.
Then in the infantry T.A. we all made our own tobacco tin survival kits which we had about our person. I laid out a snare a few times but being a townie it never worked .

Are personal survival kits still in vogue now with troops ?

When i was discharged from the FRENCH Foreign Legion ( after two weeks ! ), those that went to get their kit were buggered about by the staff their kit was chucked about a bit and they were general messed about. However when it came to my time the soldier saw my survival kit and my burned mess tins ( I had gone off grid for a bit) we had a good chat. orff I went with no embuggerence .
Morning @sirbhp,
Just having a brew and fag thinking about those before logging on but in relation to what I had in my pockets, other people might have about their person to use in an emergency. Which led to 'tins' and on to basics of what people might have in their cars etc.
You saved me the trouble of posting:salut:

E2a: Change predictmong spelling.

Last edited:

Latest Threads