Personal soundtrack to war/Ops.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by FULLTRAIN, Mar 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondered what other peoples personal soundtrack to ops/war was.
    Not in a "ride-of-the-valkyries-blaring-out-of-huey" way, just in your vehicle/bedspace/ipod etc.
  2. I record all the noises I make when I'm sleeping (Crying/screaming/choking on my own vomit and regurgitated blood) and play that back to myself all day, on loop, full blast in the office.

It keeps the fcukers away from my desk on Monday mornings, and means I still get my monthly trip to Wegberg.
  3. I reckon that war music falls into several categories.

Paint it Black, Fortunate Son, The Doors etc.

Wagner, Holst's 'Mars'

THe Birdy Song - Keep the enemy confused!

That 'Die Mother Fcuker' music the americans seem to enjoy

Never underestimate the morale boosting hardness of the theme from Starship Troopers.
  4. I cannot hear How Bizarre, Breakfast at Tiffany's or Town without Pity without suddenly being back on night stag in the BL Ops room. MTV on the telly all night, until 0530 when the card had to go back to the Sgt's Mess and before grown-ups came in!
  5. It's not a war/ops soundtrack but I've almost always lived up to "Too Drunk to Fcuk" by the Dead Kennedys
  6. i would like to have some southern metal playing in the background,maybe some black label society or some DOWN,or Black Sabbath would be nice too.
  7. "Get Here" by Oleta Adams for GRANBY.

Runrig back catalogue for TELIC 1 and 3.

Oh, and the BBC World Service as well - as much as poss (and as weird as poss also, I mean, FFS, trying to teach the world to ballroom dance over the radio (as they were doing at 0400 Friday?!)).
  8. Spooky......i've only downloaded that the other day, along with Holiday in Cambodia.
  9. I'm currently trying to convince the missus it'd be a great 'first dance' at the (inevitable) wedding
  10. Genocide junkies by BLS great song, as are "13 years of grief" and "berserkers" for that matter.

Personally i reckon Holy wars...punishments due by Megadeth would sit well.
  11. Never seen the pogo done at a wedding!!! :headbang:
  12. Yea megadeth would be sweet along with some PanterA or some Prong.
  13. i have taxi driver mate of mine absolutely huge ozzy fan and rock in general. admittedly it was at the service that would have been FAR TOO funny
  14. cowboys from hell and fcukin hostile spring to mind on the pantera side.

Also good would be Annihilator's War Bird
  15. CFH would be badass,Domination would feckin awesome as well,can just imagine tearing through afghan or some shit with Domination blasting out haha.

Maybe some Priest on there aswell 'Breaking The Law,Breaking The Law' haha.