"Personal Skills"

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by You_Fecking_Lizard!, May 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Need some help...

Just been given a task by my PC to give a lesson on Personal Skills, got have a practical and classroom element and got to last for 2 hours and aimed for crows and senior bods.

So Far

Webbing - how to pack it and one thing out at a time in the field, no noise from kit
    Bergen packing
    What to wear in the field.... and what should be in your jacket...

Finding cover
    moving/coming out of cover
    changing mags - "brecon pouch"
    hand signals

On patrol
    Going through RTR
    changing mags

any other helpful ideas?
  2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Go back to your PC and ask him to give you some proper direction and clear training objectives. All of the points above are valid lessons, but cannot be covered in a 2 hour period. A 2 hour lesson is a waste of time as most people's attention span is much shorter than that.

Lessons for Joe are not appropriate for lessons for trained soldiers. Joe needs teaching this stuff, a trained soldier needs revision and then practice on the practical elements.

If you can't grip your PC, have a word with your Pl Sgt and get him to have a word.
  3. cam and concealment, selection of fire positions/firing from cover
  4. target indication, always needs a bit of practice by all. CLAP ,GRIT, FBID

the difference between a target indication and a fire control order, given by who, and how to give em.

reports and returns, the format e.g. METHANE , shot reps, contact reports , loc stat, fire mission, radio checks .

i agree that 2hrs is too long , for a classroom lesson, is it an hour thoery then practical that would be better.
  5. What is FBID? And what is METHANE?
  6. F Full
    B Brief
    I Individual
    D Delayed

All types of fire control Order

METHANE is a Report
  7. Is this for cadets ? Seniors getting taught/reminded how to pack kit ? what unit you in.. are you a nurse