Personal Role Radios On Patrol

Minimugs12

Swinger
Just found out that we are going to have PRR's on our ex this week just wondering how many other Detachments have PRR's on their exercises?

Troy

LE
Not many at all. It's far more likely when the Cadet Training Team is running things.
A few years ago "Boy" got to use PRR doing an Exercise on Salisbury Plain during Annual Camp. It made a huge difference to the performance of the exercise.

While you are here, be aware that this site can be a dark and dodgy place full of middle-aged *&^%!!**s of the highest order. ACF young persons should tread with care in this neck of the woods...

D

Deleted 20555

Well next weekend is just round the corner...let us know how it all turns out...remember to ask for a spare battery.

Troy

LE
What exactly is a Cadet Training Team. Also, have you got any advice for using PRR's?

Go here for a quick look:
The ACF's relationship with the Army | Army Cadet Force

A couple of years ago there was a very good Army Cadet forum where you could have asked all manner of questions and had everything fully explained. Unfortunately that's closed now leaving only Facebook groups to fill the gap. I suggest you search for a Facebook group appropriate to your region and have a natter there.

As for the PRR, don't worry about it. All will be explained and they aren't difficult to work with.

Troy

LE
Many people here will give you "wind-up" advice, which you might not recognise for what it is.

Only say "Over" or "Out" but never both.
Never say "Repeat", only say; "Say again".

Someone will ask you why not: Well, consider "Repeat" to be the complete opposite command to "Cease fire" among; Artillery, Mortars, Naval Gunnery etc. So Don't say Repeat over the radio, just in case someone hears it and mistakes it for the command to repeat the last fire mission!

Many people here will give you "wind-up" advice, which you might not recognise for what it is.

Only say "Over" or "Out" but never both.
Never say "Repeat", only say; "Say again".

Someone will ask you why not: Well, consider "Repeat" to be the complete opposite command to "Cease fire" among; Artillery, Mortars, Naval Gunnery etc. So Don't say Repeat over the radio, just in case someone hears it and mistakes it for the command to repeat the last fire mission!

Wise words, though I'm not convinced that the OP is going to be asked to call Last Safe Moment :cool:

Minimugs12

Swinger
Gotcha, cheers mate.

Hope you don't mind but I do want to join the Forces when I am older and I think that the only true form of advice is from people who have served.

Troy

LE
Gotcha, cheers mate.

Hope you don't mind but I do want to join the Forces when I am older and I think that the only true form of advice is from people who have served.

I agree up to a point, but for many of us here things have changed a great deal since we served.

Uniform has changed, equipment has changed, The Rifle has changed, Section battle drills have changed, Radios have changed, and the list goes on.

Latest Threads