Personal Record

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by RobinHood, Apr 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would like to see what the Army in Glasgow hold about me. If I ask for my records, do i see exactly what records the Army have on me or do I see what the people in records want me to see.
    Paranoid am I ?

Yup

2. The Army are legally obliged to send you copies of anything held about you on a recognised filing system. This includes your hard copy personnel file,CRs, prints of computer records and any e-mails etc with your name/number on. A proforma is available from your unit Data Protection Officer.

Bear in mind though that Glasgow do not hold everything. ATRA own a system called TAFMIS which has details of any/all training courses you may have attended - but I am not sure of the method of obtaining these records/

Hope that helps

:lol:

3. If the Unit doesnt have a Data Protection Officer (It probibly has but even he/she might not know) can I get it from the Admin Office. Dont suppose U know the AFB no.?

Cheers

4. Usually it is the Adjt or RAOWO/Chief Clerk who fills the appt of Data Protection Officer. There is no AFB number, as the form is a crappy proforma that Mickey Mouse produced and got a spider to photocopy.

If you can't get hold of the proforma then a letter to 'Disclosures, APC, 65 Brown St, Glasgow G2 8EX' will suffice. They will need your number, rank, name etc obviously, and a description of what documents you require (ie CRs, pay records, everything).

:p