(personal fitness) Training is classified as duty...

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by EX_STAB, Mar 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was just looking up MATTS standards as the old link is broken and came across this:
    It's from 2007.

It states amongst other things that:

My bold. What does this mean in practice?
  2. Intersting find..

So should we all be getting paid when we go out for a run or tab? 8)

Seriously though, that policy has probably been re-written anyway since 2007.
  3. msr

msr LE

4. I'd rather the MTDs get put towards something productive like quality exercises, range time, OTXs and even some AT - not for phys conducted in your own time. Personal pride should be motivation enough!
  5. Never better said, man up and get out on the roads!
  6. No doubt it should but why does MoD state "Training is classified as a duty" if in practice it isn't?
  7. msr

msr LE

Your quote comes from TA Quarterly, which is Yet Another Useless MOD Publication.

8. Did they make more than one of them? I thought it died on its arrse right away. Sure Ive got a copy knocking about somewhere.
  9. Did it ever get past issue 2?
  10. msr

msr LE

Yes, but I still have no idea what its purpose is: http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regiments/143.aspx

11. Wow, that was fcuking gash and I only read the titles of the articles and looked at the pictures (que infantry joke).

Issue 2 was used as a beer mat in our Juniors bar. All we need is some chuckle with chips spin off and the magazine will be complete to wipe my arse with.
  12. msr

msr LE