Personal Clothing System - the replacement for CS95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, How is this different to MTP? I'm asking for furry reasons of course. Having just redone some of the uniforms, I just need to check, so they are still up to date.

TPBD

fatmini

War Hero
mtp is the pattern PCS is the dress and cut !

Gearspotter

Old-Salt
Quick question, How is this different to MTP? I'm asking for furry reasons of course. Having just redone some of the uniforms, I just need to check, so they are still up to date.

TPBD

Hi - the camouflage is the same, no problems there. The cut of the uniform is slightly different - no external breast pockets or exposed buttons being the main differences.

mtp is the pattern PCS is the dress and cut !

Cool thanks!! I think I have got the trousers right, but the jackets are a little different, will at some stage need to work on those (I had a look at the piccie, but will need a closer one of the jacket to be sure). The Bears now also are wearing the underbody armour as well (well the ones I redressed are at any rate!!).

TPBD

there are basic details on the Internet here:

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Equipment and Logistics | Introduction of Personal Clothing System

but the full PowerPoint is only available on the Intranet right now.

however we are doomed already - it clearly now states:

"• Lightweight Jacket. A shirt that can be worn over a thermal or sweat-wicking layer. It can be worn either
tucked into trousers or loose depending on environmental conditions."

i thought this was our chance to get away from the WW2 habbit of tucking JACKETS into our combats.

Hi - the camouflage is the same, no problems there. The cut of the uniform is slightly different - no external breast pockets or exposed buttons being the main differences.

The bears jackets currently have external breast pockets and exposed buttons, which won't take to long to sort out. Once I get them sorted I may email you some photo's just to check I have gone down the right road. After all I work from photo's (that's cause I'm a divvy civvi!!).

Can you also pm me your addy again I have something for you!!!

TPBD

however we are doomed already - it clearly now states:

"• Lightweight Jacket. A shirt that can be worn over a thermal or sweat-wicking layer. It can be worn either
tucked into trousers or loose depending on environmental conditions."

i thought this was our chance to get away from the WW2 habbit of tucking shirts into our combats.

Actually, WW2 battledress consisted of a short jacket that fastened at the waist, making it look like it was tucked into the trousers:

1940_Pattern_Battle_Dress_Blouse.jpg

Agree though - if something is designed to be worn untucked, it is usually not going to look (or feel) very good when tucked in and secured with belt, belly-enhancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads