ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Personal Clothing System - the replacement for CS95

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Gearspotter, Feb 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Do you have any good pics of it GS?

2. **** me it looks way too yankish

• Like Like x 2
  3. If you can get onto Dii there is a powerpoint presentation there linked from the DIB. I am sure there will be some clearer pics coming along soon though if you cannot.

4. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Can I get it through intranet ?

5. Quick question, How is this different to MTP? I'm asking for furry reasons of course. Having just redone some of the uniforms, I just need to check, so they are still up to date.

TPBD

6. No - you need to be at a MOD establishment, as a military user, to be able to access it.

7. mtp is the pattern PCS is the dress and cut !

8. Hi - the camouflage is the same, no problems there. The cut of the uniform is slightly different - no external breast pockets or exposed buttons being the main differences.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Please tell me we're still going to wear black boots, otherwise i've just spanked 180 clams for nothing :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool thanks!! I think I have got the trousers right, but the jackets are a little different, will at some stage need to work on those (I had a look at the piccie, but will need a closer one of the jacket to be sure). The Bears now also are wearing the underbody armour as well (well the ones I redressed are at any rate!!).

TPBD

11. Brown is the new black - at least from next year it will be!

12. there are basic details on the Internet here:

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Equipment and Logistics | Introduction of Personal Clothing System

but the full PowerPoint is only available on the Intranet right now.

however we are doomed already - it clearly now states:

"• Lightweight Jacket. A shirt that can be worn over a thermal or sweat-wicking layer. It can be worn either
    tucked into trousers or loose depending on environmental conditions."

i thought this was our chance to get away from the WW2 habbit of tucking JACKETS into our combats.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The bears jackets currently have external breast pockets and exposed buttons, which won't take to long to sort out. Once I get them sorted I may email you some photo's just to check I have gone down the right road. After all I work from photo's (that's cause I'm a divvy civvi!!).

Can you also pm me your addy again I have something for you!!!

TPBD

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.