Personal Clothing System - the replacement for CS95

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Gearspotter, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Do you have any good pics of it GS?

2. **** me it looks way too yankish

• Like Like x 2
  3. If you can get onto Dii there is a powerpoint presentation there linked from the DIB. I am sure there will be some clearer pics coming along soon though if you cannot.

4. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Can I get it through intranet ?

5. Quick question, How is this different to MTP? I'm asking for furry reasons of course. Having just redone some of the uniforms, I just need to check, so they are still up to date.

TPBD

6. No - you need to be at a MOD establishment, as a military user, to be able to access it.

7. mtp is the pattern PCS is the dress and cut !

8. Hi - the camouflage is the same, no problems there. The cut of the uniform is slightly different - no external breast pockets or exposed buttons being the main differences.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Please tell me we're still going to wear black boots, otherwise i've just spanked 180 clams for nothing :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool thanks!! I think I have got the trousers right, but the jackets are a little different, will at some stage need to work on those (I had a look at the piccie, but will need a closer one of the jacket to be sure). The Bears now also are wearing the underbody armour as well (well the ones I redressed are at any rate!!).

TPBD

11. Brown is the new black - at least from next year it will be!

12. there are basic details on the Internet here:

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Equipment and Logistics | Introduction of Personal Clothing System

but the full PowerPoint is only available on the Intranet right now.

however we are doomed already - it clearly now states:

"• Lightweight Jacket. A shirt that can be worn over a thermal or sweat-wicking layer. It can be worn either
    tucked into trousers or loose depending on environmental conditions."

i thought this was our chance to get away from the WW2 habbit of tucking JACKETS into our combats.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The bears jackets currently have external breast pockets and exposed buttons, which won't take to long to sort out. Once I get them sorted I may email you some photo's just to check I have gone down the right road. After all I work from photo's (that's cause I'm a divvy civvi!!).

Can you also pm me your addy again I have something for you!!!

TPBD

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.