Personal Army Nicknames

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ACAB, Mar 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mine was 'Jake'

My Platoon Sergeant, Jimmy Rankin (RIP) used to have black labrador called 'Jake' and he would have him in one hand, via the lead, and me in the other, via the Clansman Handset. Hence the nickname.

What was your service nickname, and more importantly, what was the reason for it?

2. "Corporal" despite my rank being Lance Corporal.

Confused me, it did.

3. From what I remember mine was "You Cunt".

• Like Like x 5
  4. Yes, like that would be fucking hard. . . .

5. Nicknames? Never had one...

6. Not had one myself when I was in, but now I've got a few guys working for my business they've nicknamed me "British gas" the reason for that...I haven't a clue

7. I was called "Krom" because one night I got shedded and threaten to BBR myself, but couldn't muster the balls to go through with it.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

grumblegrunt was actually given to me when I worked with some yanks as I was somewhat anti the 'oh wow that's neat' type of behavior. I was usually complaining about the food or questioning something that was going on which was snafu

doc if I was working a medic with just about any unit - something from the nam movies I guess.

at depot I was spook or spooky as I was mainly nocturnal, soft footed and quietly appearing out of nowhere usually scaring the fcuk out of someone. still do it now. or no5 after that robot in short circuit who was always asking questions which changed from professor as I read a lot rather than drank.

got the moniker of suzie as well after the steve wright character suzie staring eyes bread knife but never found out why.

mickey mouse - when my favourite t shirt was a cult one with a MM deaths head on it and it was all they knew me by. in white though as I was a bit gothy.

239.jpg

and charlie as I looked like mr sheen (another nam movie reference), played enemy a lot and they could never get my name right.

9. 'Knobrot'... 'coz for a few months once I didn't wash for a few weeks. Mind you even I was gagging when I pulled off my green skivvies..... but soon after that, the threat of having my dangly bits blancoed set me straight. After that my nickname was Knob with 2 'Bs' and a 'Y'.....

I was even called Corporal Knobby....... after a few years......

10. Private Plimsoll, because it sort of rhymes with my last name.

11. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

mine was rocky or muscles

ok, it was Pernod coz I used to drink a litre of the stuff a day and have green turds . .

12. They used to call me Taff! no idea why cos it didn't rhyme with my name or anything, and what confused me more was the fact they used to call a couple of other fellas in the unit taff as well.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rather unfairly I was known by my Pl Sgt as The Scarlet Pimpernel.

14. Nobody.......

Cause I was perfect.

15. Didn't realise I had one until I overheard a couple of lesser mongs say "he's a stupid cunt".........

• Like Like x 1