Persec

What about the state of that Crab's beret (far left)! Have seen Cadets in better shape.

Is the female trialling a new bergan, one you wear at the front inside your jacket ? :?

Oh do leave off, he is operashanul.

ugly

LE
So is it jackets lightweight tucked in then?

ugly

LE
Looks like a shirt to me.
Never is an irony icon when you want one. I was hoping to stir the spotters into anothe "its PCS/CS95 in MTP" thread.
Curious though if that is the new issue mtp then it shouldnt be worn tucked in especially in that climate.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Persec...bollocks to that...funny when you realise it's a catch...

B

bokkatankie

Never is an irony icon when you want one. I was hoping to stir the spotters into anothe "its PCS/CS95 in MTP" thread.
Curious though if that is the new issue mtp then it shouldnt be worn tucked in especially in that climate.
I have to say, and i have been told off on other threads for going on about things when there are moe important things in the world, but the in out up down debate is one of the most silly I have ever seen.

what the **** is that thing in the green beret? Head like a bag of smashed crabs

Always turn away from the camera if forced to meet the PM,
Oh my, how times have have changed - back in the 80's there were a whole bunch of corps nco's who wouldn't have allowed anywhere near a politician in case they upset the head shed...

...can't think why....

...when the Defence Secretary visited my unit in the mid 80's I was told not to ask any awkward questions, in fact it was better if I didn't speak to him at all...oh yes and please stand at the back out of the way...

:)

Rodney2q

Ditto Rodney, we (me and my SO3 G2) were politlely requested to be near the back when John Major visited Kuwait after Granby. Didn't want to berate the dull **** about anything anyway.

Oh my, how times have have changed - back in the 80's there were a whole bunch of corps nco's who wouldn't have allowed anywhere near a Director Intelligence Corps in case they upset the head shed...

...can't think why....
Something to do with the "special falvouring" added to the Director's lemonade at the Sgts Mess cocktail party?

Something to do with the "special falvouring" added to the Director's lemonade at the Sgts Mess cocktail party?
Not guilty...but I do remember one Corps SSgt of Scottish descent who used a rather unusual swizzle stick to stir the lemonade of a visting MoD staff officer in the sgt's mess. I believe this was because the visitor refused an alcoholic drink and insisted on lemonade....

I managed to keep a straight face as we chatted with the chap, who seemed to enjoy his drink.

Rodney2q

This is the same event, the officer was not from MoD, rather D Int himself, graced with the honorific NFM, IIRC?

This is the same event, the officer was not from MoD, rather D Int himself, graced with the honorific NFM, IIRC?
Oooh, below the belt but deserved nonetheless. Memories of an Ashford centred enquiry/purge spring to mind.

Put on tin foil hats and wait quietly - the Thought Police will be along shortly.

Rodney2q

Going Back to the time when Merlyn (The Wizard) Rees was Northern Ireland Secretary of State way back in the seventies - Me and my erstwhile more experienced Full Screw were on the Prots and Prisons Desk in 124 Int Sect, HQ 3 Inf Bde - and not only did they not want us talking out of turn to him during his visit- about the numbers he had authorised for release, but they positively did not want us in the same County on the day of his visit and sent us instead to attend a riotous Orange Day march which they considered generally more peaceful than the atmosphere in the Section !

I also seem to recall another certain Long Serving LCpl in Germany (no it wasn't me), who on being introduced to the Director came up with the classic answer to the latter's question "and who are you Corporal" - the answer was "I'm Steve P..............., and who are you ?"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
stoatman The Intelligence Cell 18
Filbert Fox The NAAFI Bar 9
E ARRSE: Site Issues 15