PERSEC & Facebook

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Army_Rizzle, Mar 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I literally cannot count the amount of people's statuses that have this in today:

Soldiers, sailors and airmen are changing their Facebook profile photo to one of them in uniform as a mark of respect to the 6 fellow servicemen killed in Afghanistan this week.

It's unreal the amount of people doing it, I've already pointed out to many people, some seniors that this goes against everything we have been taught.

Am I just being an idiot here?
  2. As long as your wearing your tinfoil hat, you'll be ok.
  3. Totally in agreement. I don't understand how an ally photo shows any respect to someone.
  4. Perhaps just a little naive. Bless.
  5. I would give a ****, but I'm not at work.
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I responded to one asking why they were doing it (there's I think one, ruthlessly suppressed, phot of me in DPM in the whole world) and got a mouthful about respect and the like.

Seems a bit odd and sad to me. I suppose most of their mates know what they do for a living though.
  7. Well I just got told I obviously don't give a **** about the dead for questioning this. Meh.
  8. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  9. How could you be so callous? This is the way to show respect to the fallen in this modern age.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Persec? If they want you, they'll find you.

Closet squaddie, all your details were left in a laptop on the last train out of Waterloo last year.
    • Like Like x 2

11. I know, I'm such a monster :(
  12. I think the real issue here is that he literally couldn't count the 4 friends who had changed their status.

Top 10%........

• Like Like x 2
  13. Well it's nice to know sparky that somebody is including me in that top 10% for a change, I mostly get told I'm basically RLC.
  14. Yeah but I feel partly responsible for unleashing you on 1st line. Must have a word with Big Ginger Bob to make sure he picks on you! ;)
  15. He loves me too much to do that. Although I've got a few months in theatre with him so my life could be made hell lol, but a juniors revenge is always in the brews ;)
    • Like Like x 3