Permissions

Schmoe

War Hero
I wonder if anyone can help.

Due to family commitments I have unfortunately lost my permissions for shooting.

Is there anyone in the Surrey area who would be so kind as to extend me permission to shoot on their land.

This would be for myself and father.
It is highly unlikely that we would actually be able to shoot the land, as we are both heavily involved with looking after my mum.

This is an exercise in retaining our FAC, until we no longer have to look after mum.

I appreciate that this is a big ask, and understand if no one is able to help.

Thanks.

4(T)

LE
Have you thought of joining one of the clubs at Bisley?

That would be a different set of FAC conditions for a different type of firearm, ie target rifle or similar for use on a range only, instead of sporting rifle for deer/vermin etc. Plod would make them re-apply for the FAC, and maybe they'd have to go through a six-month probation period with the club, etc.

4(T)

LE
I wonder if anyone can help.

Due to family commitments I have unfortunately lost my permissions for shooting.

Is there anyone in the Surrey area who would be so kind as to extend me permission to shoot on their land.

This would be for myself and father.
It is highly unlikely that we would actually be able to shoot the land, as we are both heavily involved with looking after my mum.

This is an exercise in retaining our FAC, until we no longer have to look after mum.

I appreciate that this is a big ask, and understand if no one is able to help.

Thanks.

Might be worth discussing with your Surrey/Sussex FEO. I had to tell mine that my RFD and club shooting activities would be at very low levels for a year or two due to care burdens. That was deemed ok, and my certs were renewed.

I think there is also a recognition that a care duty timescale can in fact be curtailed much sooner than projected because the oldie exceeds the capability of the family to cope and has to go into a home.

ugly

LE
All good advice, front up to the police, explain it's short term they may condition your new certs (if indeed you need renewing) with ownership only and zeroing on ground etc.
I no longer have written permissions, being the keeper on the local estate its given. However if you dont need to renew but are in the early years of permission shooting then owning up may save you grief. You could explain that until the dust settles you will be shooting by invitation only or bought days stalking etc.

Latest Threads