Permission to hold shot guns in sfa

That's why this needs challenging by a competent lawyer , to determine whether these restrictions are genuine and legal .
I doubt anyone is going to pay for a lawyer. Soliders have the option of looking elsewhere to live. Some civvie landlords have restrictions for various reasons.

RE-DSO

Old-Salt
But being a serving soldier doesn't stop you doing silly things with your shotgun. Didn't someone from Warminster Garrison take his shotgun for a short 1 way walk a few years ago. Wether it was kept in the armoury or his quarter made no difference. The result was still the same. RIP to him

Taking this a bit further then. I'm not serving anymore but I do have a SGC. So whilst I was serving I wanted to go shooting on a Sunday at the local shooting club. Do I book the armourer for Sun morning to draw my weapon, or do I draw it on the Fri and hide it under my bed. Cos no one will look there?
It doesn't seem to be a joined up way of thinking about this.
My opinion would be to fit a gunsafe at your off camp SFA and deal with it as any other letting. If I was in rented accomodation now, I wouldn't be asking to owners permission to have a cabinet fitted. They have no business knowing what I have in my home
Mine never objected to Friday...........no one wanted to meet at the armory at 06.00hrs.

But being a serving soldier doesn't stop you doing silly things with your shotgun. Didn't someone from Warminster Garrison take his shotgun for a short 1 way walk a few years ago. Wether it was kept in the armoury or his quarter made no difference. The result was still the same. RIP to him
Mid 70's a Cpl at one of the Ord Bn's topped himself in his bunk with his .357 S&W.

What about Garrison areas?
The MoD is still the landowner but does not own the houses. Same as Freehold. IIRC most of the new MQ (outside the wire) are paid for via a public/ private partnership. So the MoD pays for the houses to be built, then pays the agency for rental and maintenance, but doesn't own anything. But it saves money.............................apparently.

Latest Threads