Permission to fall in sir!

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by toffeewrapper1, Sep 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I humbly request your joint permissions to admitted to the Old and Bold.I may be percieved as a sprog to some of you more revered gents, 2460.... but in was in the pub before football today (well watching Bradford City) and some young mong was in there wearing combat trousers (the ones with the flared pockets) I just looked at him and thought to myself what a twat he was. Oh and I remember being issued with "green jeans" and army skiddies,I even remember a bloke in my training group buying other peoples from them because he enjoyed wearing them (perv).Please treat my request with a sympathetic ear and dont shout at me,ive only just got the level set on my deaf aid.

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

2460....? You must have been a very late starter if you are seeking refuge in here.

Still, if you agree to obey and defend to the last the house rules and honour (there isn't any ), then welcome in.

Get the brews in Nig :)

3. Hmm-strong is the force in this young padwan.

Your final test is to answer honestly 'My favourite memory of the SLR is...........'

Keep it short though: some of us are in bed by 8.

Oh, and Auld Yin will be the final judge regarding acceptance.

4. Favourite memory of SLR.Ouch bruised right cheekbone.Nato standard brews all round?

5. Auld-Yin

I most certainly will not be the final arbiter in any way or form!! Thank you very much :)

6. I did,nt realise an application to the mess commitee was required but would 2405.... get me in on cadet status, I remember my SLR rearsight knocking lumps out my specs(issue, steel, respirator for the use of) and I nearly was inspected by the Queen Mum('65, Catterick, long story).

7. 2405? I think I may be barking up the wrong tree with this forum or am I just barking?

8. Auld-Yin

There is NO application other than the application of age and experience!!! As a 2409 I bow to your seniority, and there are people on here with a lot more time in that that!!!

9. My tuppence worth, 2474 or is that really too young?
    Worn gas regulator meaning anything more than 1 or 0 resulted in stoppagges, still an accurate gat though

10. Does a 2404 qualify,scar on right eyebrow,Ash Ranges in the rain............................

11. Kit Monkey cheers ;) 2471.

Working parts are last to leave the SLR for cleaning, as can still be fired. Gas plug, spring and rod are last back in.

12. Really? Oh,dear: does that mean we have to put him through The Hoop Of Eternal Damnation as the final test? I was hoping to avoid that as it leaves stains on the parquet flooring.

13. You're a right coffin dodger aren't you? :wink: Still, so long as you get them in, I would say welcome. :p

[​IMG]

14. What action signifies that the Rifle 7.62 is firing correctly?

15. Is "it feels like you've been kicked in the face" the correct answer?