Permission to fall in sir!

I humbly request your joint permissions to admitted to the Old and Bold.I may be percieved as a sprog to some of you more revered gents, 2460.... but in was in the pub before football today (well watching Bradford City) and some young mong was in there wearing combat trousers (the ones with the flared pockets) I just looked at him and thought to myself what a twat he was. Oh and I remember being issued with "green jeans" and army skiddies,I even remember a bloke in my training group buying other peoples from them because he enjoyed wearing them (perv).Please treat my request with a sympathetic ear and dont shout at me,ive only just got the level set on my deaf aid.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
2460....? You must have been a very late starter if you are seeking refuge in here.

Still, if you agree to obey and defend to the last the house rules and honour (there isn't any ), then welcome in.

Get the brews in Nig :)

Hmm-strong is the force in this young padwan.

Your final test is to answer honestly 'My favourite memory of the SLR is...........'

Keep it short though: some of us are in bed by 8.

Oh, and Auld Yin will be the final judge regarding acceptance.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hmm-strong is the force in this young padwan.

Your final test is to answer honestly 'My favourite memory of the SLR is...........'

Keep it short though: some of us are in bed by 8.

Oh, and Auld Yin will be the final judge regarding acceptance.
I most certainly will not be the final arbiter in any way or form!! Thank you very much :)

I did,nt realise an application to the mess commitee was required but would 2405.... get me in on cadet status, I remember my SLR rearsight knocking lumps out my specs(issue, steel, respirator for the use of) and I nearly was inspected by the Queen Mum('65, Catterick, long story).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I did,nt realise an application to the mess commitee was required but would 2405.... get me in on cadet status, I remember my SLR rearsight knocking lumps out my specs(issue, steel, respirator for the use of) and I nearly was inspected by the Queen Mum('65, Catterick, long story).
There is NO application other than the application of age and experience!!! As a 2409 I bow to your seniority, and there are people on here with a lot more time in that that!!!

My tuppence worth, 2474 or is that really too young?
Worn gas regulator meaning anything more than 1 or 0 resulted in stoppagges, still an accurate gat though

Does a 2404 qualify,scar on right eyebrow,Ash Ranges in the rain............................

You're a right coffin dodger aren't you? :wink: Still, so long as you get them in, I would say welcome. :p

davidflies

War Hero
Book Reviewer
2383 and having the pleasure of meeting one again 5 years ago when writing a book about rifles for the Yanks - and they published it despite my rude comments about the M14.
Oh ... and permission to join, by your leave gentlemen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RMA1 Old & Bold 60
S Army Pay, Claims & JPA 0
Jumper Multinational HQ 48