Permanent protection from higher tax for military personnel in Scotland

Whilst I agree 100% that service personnel should be protected from higher Scottish tax rates, these payments are a backdoor way for the taxpayers in the rest of the Kingdom to be subsidising the spendthrift policies of Holyrood.

The SNP is accountable to voters north of the border, but not to the rest of us who are paying for their policies. This should be questioned.

theinventor

Old-Salt
The SNP is accountable to voters north of the border, but not to the rest of us who are paying for their policies. This should be questioned.
And presumably any service personnel in Scotland also get to register to vote there, that is if they don't want to have a postal vote at a more permanent residence in England, Wales or NI.
Or does being exempt the Jock tax mean they give up their votes too?

Whilst I agree 100% that service personnel should be protected from higher Scottish tax rates, these payments are a backdoor way for the taxpayers in the rest of the Kingdom to be subsidising the spendthrift policies of Holyrood.

Scotland raise taxes for their spending.
You agree with service personnel getting a subsidy, but complain that there’s a subsidy

exsniffer

Old-Salt
It's a shame they didn't do the same when the poll tax came in for Scotland the year before it was raised on soldiers living in England.

Yes I do hold a grudge for a long time.

Latest Threads