permanent marker probs!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by once_a_maverick, Jun 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just made an amazing discovery.

I have in my office a whiteboard, upon which I used permanent marker by accident about 3 months ago.

Usually when I make this mistake I have to resort to various cleaning agents and an abrasive cloth and lots of elbow grease to get rid of the offending items.

However I have discovered that if you rub whiteboard marker over the top of the permanent stuff you can then just wipe it of with a cloth.

Dont believe me? Try it.

Anyone got the GEMS contact details?
  2. Is it just me that has known about that for years?
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Yes indeed LF, it has been known for some time. However if Maverick did come across this without knowing beforehand, then well done for noticing it and also for passing on to those who may not. Better than keeping quiet and not passing on good info.
  4. Right guard works well too
  5. So does ash.

(How spooky is this - we were just talking about this this afternoon!).
  6. ......and wire wool!...............
  7. Sounds like a really exciting Friday there Dale..
  8. Living life on the edge mate, life on the edge.

(I was actually collecting the dog from Toppers and we somehow got onto the subject - he cheats and gets stuff from work. Let's see if it will remove the Snail I drew on his whiteboard when he was out of his office eh?)
  9. So, no cure for cancer yet? :roll:
  10. Cigarette ash is also good for polishing silver.
  11. If you have permanent marker all over your hands after a particularly arduous session of IPB (in a conventional warfare scenario) and you draw all over your hands in the same colour, does it still come off?
  12. That pokey little office wasn't mine...
  13. I find an angle grinder does the job rather well.