• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Permanent Ink - getting it off weapons!

Someone must know or done it ... it's ARRSE ffs!

I have butt numbers on 15 Cadet A2's which no longer match the register as the numbers have been changed that often! I have an ECIT inspection next week so want to get rid of all the old numbers off the weapons and re-number them. The numbers are written on in permanent pen ... what's the best/quickest/easiest way of removing the markings (bearing in mind I don't do 'effort' or 'elbow grease' these days!

Solvent-based paint stripper (not the stuff based on caustic or you'll be deep in the cacky).

Sniff it, if you're eyes rotate in different directions then it'll work.

Failing that, as above, acetone.

We used to take perma pen map markings off map traces, (It happens) using make up remover pads. I think they are alcohol based items, so the previous posts have the way of it.

Top tip: If some twat has used permanent marker on a whiteboard, scribble over it with a whiteboard marker and it will wipe off. We're not all dumb ***** in the public service.*

*On reflection, yes we are.

Try the cheapest, nastiest nail varnish remover you can find in Boots. Worked a treat in getting some permenant marker of a mirror in a lift car....also nearly caused my head to explode as i let the doors close......

If they're on the plastic/ cheek pad (DIN out years ago saying not to) paint over them with the sub unit colour and then re number. Or just paint over with green.

Latest Threads