Peripel

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Frank, Jul 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any Sniffers out there?

Could you please update me on the form with Peripel. I have always advocated it's use but heard from a barrack room lawyer type chap the other day that its use has stopped?

I know that squaddies hate using any form of chemical as it may affect them long term, or so they believe, but i thought Peripel was safe?

Anyhow, please let me know if im out of date here.

Many thanks in advance

Frank

2. Over to you, Drain Sniffer! ..........................

3. Peripel is still used in this mans' Army. If you go to Belize your kit will (or should) be Peripelled.

I think your "Barrack room lawyer" is sprouting Barrack room bollocks!

Like with any pesticide, Peripel (which is a permethrin based pesticide) should only be used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. If used correctly, there will be no health effects, either long or short term.

Further info can be found @:
    http://www.bayeres.co.za/index.php?option=3&id=1&com_id=165&parent_id=65&com_task=1

Regards,

Claret

4. Claret,

Many thanks for your reply. Dont suppose you could point me in the direction of a DS answer for aclimatisation periods?

Frank

5. Frank,

Details on acclimatisation can be found in JSP 539 - Climatic Injuries in the Armed Forces.

It basically says that acclimatisation takes between 4-12 days depending on fitness levels, and that other factors should be considered ie body armour.

Regards,

Claret

6. VMT Claret,

Have the JSP, but it is pretty vague. Just woundered if there was anything that could be more specific, such as take Humidity, Altitude, fitness and divide it by x to equal, phase 1 2 &3 of an aclimatisation period.

Many thanks for the help anyhow.

Frank

7. Frank,

Check your PM.

Regards,

Claret

8. Frank, even if there was a formula, it wouldn't help you. Your maths is worse than your English! :D

9. Zip it Invictus you tart. Are you going to the course end of next month? I'm coming back for it.

10. Yep, I'll be there. My last one! :twisted:

11. I'll be there, selling ice cream on the saturday night!