Perfect Test Match cricket

Anyone else absorbed by the events currently unfolding at Lords? I was almost tempted to travel up to London this morning to watch it "live", but, judging by the TV shots of the queues, I am glad I stayed put to watch on Sky!
England looking on course to win the match, but wouldn't it be perfect to see Tendulkar score his 100th International hundred in a lost cause for his team?
Whatever the outcome, it is great to see a packed Lords on day 5 of a Test. Fantastic sport.

On the downside, I can't believe the football season has started again already!!

I only watch it in the hope of catching a snippet of Wisdom from our one and only local Man,
Sir Geoffrey of Boycott...........cracking game, though.

Only one more win after this??? and we're top 'o the Pile, how good is that?

In an agony of indecision. "Work from home" in a pub with Sky or stay in the office and listen to TMS? Doing the latter now, but may have to do the former if Tendulkar gets past 50....

I only watch it in the hope of catching a snippet of Wisdom from our one and only local Man,

Ah, Sir Geoffrey. Always guaranteed to either make you smile or choke! Remember his words of wisdom about Michael Yardy when he returned home early due to "stress/depression"? Something along the lines of "if he can't hack it, he shouldn't be playing" or similar. He stood out in that almost every other commentator was expressing sympathy, but that is not Geoffrey's style. Always good value, if a bit controversial.
Back to the match, Tendulkar was plumb LBW to Broad just now - no review system in place for LBW! The Indians will be breathing a huge sigh of relief at the moment.

True, Slips, True, he said virtually the same about Trescothick, for all his faults we need folk
like Geoff, not afraid to put his point/thoughts across even though the Brain has not engaged
before the mouth opens sometimes.

You got to hand it to him, though, he shoots from the Hip.

Tendulkar's gone! That's me condemned to the office and TMS. A pity for him, but an England victory must be on the cards now.
I felt a little deflated to be honest. Jimmy Anderson is my favourite bowler and it is great to see him in the wickets, but I really wanted to see the "litttle master" get his ton.
Having said that, Tendulkar went 30-odd balls without scoring and looked really nervous, so it was never going to happen today. Come on England!!

It is a shame, his last slog at Lords, I think all aficionados would have loved to see a big score
but 12 in 67 Balls it was always on the cards, I bet Broady is cursing like a good 'un, well done
to Anderson.........will it be a collapse now?

Good Ovation for the Little Master though.

Well done England! Bowling out India for under 300 in each innings is a fantastic performance. Looking forward to the next game at Trent Bridge.

After the Lord Mayors Show at Lords, England are getting a right spanking by India at Trent Bridge at the moment.
It was definitely a "win the toss/insert the opposition" pitch and I am really looking forward to England bowling on it. Trouble is, it looks like it will be sooner rather than later!
Par score? Fcuk nose.

I seem to be talking to myself on this thread, but no matter.
Stuart Broad, you dancer! Test match hat trick (lucky with one of them, mind) and bowling like a dream.
What a cracking series this is turning out to be.

Agreed mate, fantastic stuff from both sides. Reminiscent of `that` Ashes series in 2006 I think; almost like each day is being played a la one day cricket. I believe that if England win the series, they will be classed as the No. 1 side in world cricket...don`t think there will be many arguments should this happen.

By the way....`You are not alone!`

What a cracking last 20 minutes, I would of been happy of a 150 run defecit but a hour ago expected to be at least 250-300 behind. Luck with the second wicket in the hat trick but needed some on ourside. Great stuff Broady....now lets get 300+ on the board

Agreed mate, fantastic stuff from both sides. Reminiscent of `that` Ashes series in 2006 I think; almost like each day is being played a la one day cricket. I believe that if England win the series, they will be classed as the No. 1 side in world cricket...don`t think there will be many arguments should this happen.

By the way....`You are not alone!`
Need to win by 2 clear tests then we go top of the Rankings and deserve it

Thanks for joining in fellas. :)
Strauss needs to play a Captain's innings now - he is due a score. Bit worried about Trott not being available to bat at the moment - I hope they patch him up for tomorrow as I think he will be needed.
Agree this series has shades of 2005 and I reckon every game should be a cracker. Thank goodness the weather is behaving itself!

What a cracking Test match....from being around 120-8 on that fist day and creeping up to 221 all the pundits started to slate England.

After the Fourgate/Bellgate run out Saga and the way England piled on 400+ runs on day 3 to make India needing a never gettable 478 we now have the Number 1 team in the world India on their knees on 56-6.

Just finish this game and all we need is two draws or a win in the next two test matches and we will be number 1 in the world...and dont we deserve it.

What a cracking match

We'll loose. We always do. Where's the fun in being an English Cricket fan if we keep winning and become No.1 in the world...

That **** made me curse cancer research. I wish beefy had done a proper job on him. A dull player a dull person. I bet he's crying because he's never been knighted, but then he's never earned it.

That **** made me curse cancer research. I wish beefy had done a proper job on him. A dull player a dull person. I bet he's crying because he's never been knighted, but then he's never earned it.
This is Boycott the Bird Basher :- BBC News | UK | Boycott loses assault case

Who was a very selfish batsmen who had a reputation for getting his batting partners run out!
I preferred Brian Johnston, aka "Johnners", who happened to like cake & was a real gentleman who did his bit for the country as well see here :- When war was declared in 1939 he joined the 2nd Battalion Grenadier Guards, where he served as a Technical Adjutant and was awarded the Military Cross.

Hey! If you want to slate Sir Geoffrey, start you own thread! :)
Back on thread, looks in the bag for England, but a bit of tail wagging by Tendulakar and Haberjahn is good to see. Not much prospect of a full house at Trent Bridge tomorrow, though.