People whose addresses can be published on ARRSE

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Bad CO, Apr 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Clearly there is a widespread belief that is ok to post some people's personal details on here so I thought I'd start a thread so we can capture them all.

It would save the site admins a lot of hassle if we were allowed to publish the personal details (email, IP address, account activity, etc) of the following:

1. Anyone who upset another user with a post or posts that lead to us being threatened with legal action.

2. Anyone who the MoD takes exception too.

3. Those who journalists wish to interview.

Can anyone think of any others?

2. Why number 3?

I know if I said anything worth caring about, and the press wanted to talk to me, I wouldn't like it if you started throwing my details around.

3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

And that is exactly why we don't allow any personal details to be published on here. We respect the anonymity of ALL of our users .......

Don't worry your details are as safe as we can make them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4. Elvis Presley

5. Lord Lucan

6. Shergar

5. Any chance of Kathy West's address and phone number then?

Just to make sure I'm not hiding in the wrong garden with my binos.

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Don't need to publish - already on the "Where are you" map on this site.

7. 7. Scouse RLC bloke I lent 50 quid to and have never seen again

8. Only if you choose to

9. It's your own fault for lending a Scouser £50 in the first place.

10. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Not stirring, but there is somebody whose avatar or signature includes IP address details. I noticed that because it came up with "Jerseymail" ... not exactly a "common" user IP!

Otherwise I agree fully that personal details should be kept personal ... I checked "Flash II" in several PMs for authentication!

11. If anyone wants to PM me they will get an honest and forthright reply by return, unless I deem it within my interest to tell them to feck off (journos OPSEC, PERSEC etc). Same applies to anyone else who is an honest Matelot/ARAB/STAB/CRAB/MOD/CS etc. No problem there BCO.

The problem arises with multiple persona trolls seeking to victimise one of the most valuable assets of this site with the sole purpose of getting him binned. This site must remain open to "his sort" but FFS never her's! As I said in the post you deleted, her details are readily available across the interweb and she's posted pictures of her own house on this site (which frankly could be any FIBUA from Carwent to SL).

She and her alter ego (Nathan) are trolls - bin them. There is no point at all in binning Flash, he's a valuable, informed and witty contributor (in the very best traditions). He maybe AAC but a cap badge is a cap badge regardless.

12. This is, of course, very true, but I suppose the fact that he was RLC should have been more of an indicator than the fact that he is a scouser

13. Do you mean the little man with the sign where your IP address is displayed?

If so it's only you who can see it!

Everyone sees their own address, it's a bit like a mirror.

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

True - it is amazing how many are in the North Sea or Irish Sea :?

15. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Ahh ... thank you. Having spent a skip on software to keep this PC safe from idiots [apart from those on ARRSE] I was a little disconcerted.