People who go for the 'retail option' in the mess

People who pay extra for the retail option in the mess. What's up with that?

• Check their hard drives

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Launch a financial circumstances investigation

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • these customers ARE better than ordinary people.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • look upon my bigger plate ye skint fatty & despair

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters
With their separate queue, bigger plates, higher cost and different options, who the f*ck do these people think they are? They think they're f*cken better than us?

Turning their nose up at the subsidised hotplate and choosing to put extra money in the bulging pockets of the PFI provider?

Dining with the enemy.

Sorry. Can't hear you over the sound of my steak sizzling on the grill and the cracking of the lobster's shell.

Do they eat a sandwich without a knife and fork, or drink red wine with fish though?

Throw them from the tallest building in camp!

With their separate queue, bigger plates, higher cost and different options, who the f*ck do these people think they are? They think they're f*cken better than us?

Turning their nose up at the subsidised hotplate and choosing to put extra money in the bulging pockets of the PFI provider?

Dining with the enemy.

are you a poor person?

you should direct homeless veterans to your concerns. A ;lot of them are ungrateful and opinionated also

@Ravers , there are poor people on the forum. Can you send one of your men over to dispatch them?

thanks

I find this mildly amusing. There are alternatives you might not like. Some years ago I was transcribing the diary of a WW2 officer, who was complaining at having to eat in the mess at prices set by the senior officers, all with private incomes, which the juniors could not afford. Attempts to introduce democracy at a mess meeting and get the rate reduced caused trouble.

I find this mildly amusing. There are alternatives you might not like. Some years ago I was transcribing the diary of a WW2 officer, who was complaining at having to eat in the mess at prices set by the senior officers, all with private incomes, which the juniors could not afford. Attempts to introduce democracy at a mess meeting and get the rate reduced caused trouble.
What do you mean? PAYD is the very embodiment of an alternative people don't like.

What do you mean? PAYD is the very embodiment of an alternative people don't like.
As I understand this you can eat cheap as part of your 'mess bill' or pay extra for better food. You might be forced to eat expensive as part of your mess bill, no options offered.

As a follow up to this I've compared rates of pay at the time to their mess bill. They were being asked to pay between 28 - 36% as a mess bill. For seving subbies today thats ~£9,700 pa by my maths.

Latest Threads