PENTAX OPTIO MX DIGITAL CAMERA

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by k13eod, Apr 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PENTAX OPTIO MX DIGITAL CAMERA

I had this camera on E-Bay twice and wasn't prepared to let it go for next to nothing (£35) ... it cost me over 200 quid 2 years ago and is excellent. So I would rather auction it here for charity.

An excellent digital camera with 3.2 megapixel memory (don't be fooled; anything over 2mp is ample for normal sized prints ... you only need 8+mp for poster sized printing!) and a huge 10 x optical zoom. This unique camera has a rotating screen and handle so that it can be used like a video recorder. I have taken hundreds of pictures with this camera and everytime the results were excellent. In high resolution it saves pictures between 1.5 and 2.2 MB ... excellent quality for editing!

Note: There is a very small crack on the view finder but no bleeding and it does not affect the cameras use in any way.

Included with the camera is:

Case Logic camera bag.
    Two pin battery charger.
    Spare battery.
    Video out lead.
    USB lead.
    Pentax computer software.
    Operating manual (on disk).
    1GB SD memory card.
    For a full review of this camera go to:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/OPTMX/OMXA.HTM

The features of the Optio MX are:

Basic Features:

3.2-megapixel CCD for still shots.
    MPEG-4 Movie mode for continuous movie recording (with sound) as long as 120 minutes.
    1.8-inch color TFT LCD monitor that flips up 210 degrees and swivels 180 degrees.
    Glass, 10x, 5.8-58mm lens, equivalent to a 38-380mm lens on a 35mm camera.
    As much as 10x digital zoom.
    Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual exposure modes, plus a range of preset "scene" modes.
    Shutter speeds from 1/2,000 to four seconds.
    Maximum aperture of f/2.9 to f/3.5, depending on lens zoom position.
    Built-in flash with five modes and an intensity setting.
    SD/MMC memory card storage, 1 gigabyte card included.
    Power supplied by one D-LI7 rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack or optional AC adapter.
    ACDSee, ACD Showtime, and ACD Fotoslate software and USB drivers included for both Windows and Mac platforms.

Special Features:

Normal and High-Speed Continuous Shooting modes.
    Panorama mode.
    Night Scene photography mode, plus eight preset Scene modes.
    Auto Exposure Bracketing.
    Two- and 10-second Self-Timer for delayed shutter release.
    Adjustable color mode with eight color filters.
    Macro and Super Macro (close-up) lens settings.
    White balance (color) adjustment with six modes, including a manual adjustment and a bracketing mode.
    Image Contrast, Sharpness, and Saturation adjustments with bracketing.
    Multi-Segment, Center-Weighted, and Spot metering modes.
    Sensitivity setting with three ISO equivalents (100, 200, and 400) and an Auto setting.
    Adjustable autofocus area and available manual focus control.
    PictBridge compatibility.
    USB cable for connection to a computer (driver software included).

[​IMG]

Payment through the usual MDN slush fund account :D I wll cover postage costs to UK or BFPO.

Go on ... someone start the bidding ...

2. More pics ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Bump

4. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Can't help, mate ... I got a new camera for Christmas ;-)

5. I'll bump this one more time.

6. If thats what it takes to raise some money for charity, then I am sure it can be arranged [or is that deranged?]. You supplying the lady? I can supply the one legged bloke! 8)

7. Deranged it is then!

8. I'll start you off at £35 (oh god, here we go again - look what happened last time I bumped an auction) even though I've just bought a new digital camera.

9. When is this ending?

(blatant bump)

10. I guess on D Day ... 6th June, midnight.

Come on you tight cnuts, this is a superb camera and I am even paying the postage ... despite being unemployed ... despite just being presented a £3000 bill for back tax [because the tw@ts investigated my last three years of tax returns] ... despite having my fcuking credit card cloned on Monday and being seriously ripped off ... but I'm still smiling :D

11. Sure we can do better ...

12. I'd bid more, but when I cloned this credit card on monday I discovered it was almost maxed out, the bugger didn't have a job....

13. Thats why the bank were onto you ... when you tried to pay the bill for "Uncle Ho Ting's Special Lady Boy Nephew Ltd" you took the card over the limit ... caught through greed my friend. :D