Pentagon Scientists Inject Necks to ‘Cure’ PTSD

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by meridian, Apr 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Thought this was interesting enough to post as a separate thread

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/04/pentagon-scientists-inject-necks-to-cure-ptsd/

2. "And suddenly out pops a magic cure"!!!
    Don't believe a funking word......Pentagon Scientists and Injections are Extremely Dangerous!!
    These *********** invented Agent Orange and we all know what happened there!
    Probably responsible for Gulf War Syndrome too!
    The best part is, if anything goes horribly wrong with their poisons they produce, they are literally above the law --- FACT! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

3. Interesting, although manipulation of the sympathetic nervous system as described is likely only a short term measure, but could prove helpfull when combined with other treatments (e.g. drugs & counselling) for treatment of PTSD.

Certainly an innovative step.

4. Suspicious as the Manchurian candidate made me, sounds like a good step forward.

5. are you taking the piss? It doesn't solve the issue, but mask it from what I've read.

Perhaps an application before front line fighting may be beneficial, but I'd steer away from meds like that. You can do it, or you can't.

What happens when the effect wears off?

6. Why don't they stick it in their own funking necks if they are so much into it?
    Dr Mengele would be proud !! ....... And i would not be surprised if these cnuts made it mandatory by military law in future conflicts that you take this drug before going anywhere near the battlefield. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

7. I should never take the piss, having, quite obviously, never fought in a war zone. I should however point out that I support whatever helps soldiers recover from the undoubtedly horrid things they see and experience. Plus, since the heroin I like injections.

8. In the last thirty years we have heard so many of these storys, almost all from the USA ,and what happened, to these wonder cures? SFA

9. The usual acronym is SGB (not STB).

With the number of treatments countable on the fingers of one hand, those patients also receiving other therapies, and placebo effect not ruled out, then there is a long way to go before a treatment regime emerges.

10. Without a larger number of subjects and a control group, this treatment is essentially based on speculation. What's to say that the individuals concerned wouldn't have gone into remission anyway? Contrary to popular belief, PTSD sufferers do sometimes get better for no obvious external reason (although a change in life circumstances such as a new job or relationship may be significant).

It would be great if it were this easy, but we need to see where this goes in a randomised controlled trial first I think.

11. More importantly ...... Has this treatment been pier reviewed and has this new chemical cocktail been fullly aproved and been properly licenced ??

Always remember ...... Prescription drugs may very well be safe on their own, however start mixing them together and you can easily create a potential deadly potency in ones own body to which the long term effects are unknown !!

Pharmaceutical companies are only interested in profit and securing large contracts.