Pentagon Cites MIA Deal With China

#1
I hope something is found out about our MIAs; however, I sort of really doubt that anything worthwhile will result from this 'deal.' As I recall, nothing ever resulted from MIA research, in Russia after the fall of the USSR.


Pentagon Cites MIA Deal With China
By ROBERT BURNS | AP Military Writer
2:48 PM CST, February 25, 2008

WASHINGTON - China has agreed to a long-standing U.S. request for access to sensitive military records that Pentagon officials believe might resolve the fate of thousands of U.S. servicemen missing from the Korean War and other Cold War era conflicts, a Pentagon official said Monday.


Link:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-us-china-mias,1,5621560.story
 
#2
I strongly suspect they won't even have kept records at the time, let alone the chances of any records surviving to date being slight.
 
#3
They are probably at this minute typing them up, showing how they havent got any POWs, never had any, dont know who had them.

Really you think China will say, oh yes we had 1000s and their all dead now, and we are sorry?
 
#4
scarletto said:
They are probably at this minute typing them up, showing how they havent got any POWs, never had any, dont know who had them.

Really you think China will say, oh yes we had 1000s and their all dead now, and we are sorry?[/quote

Yeah, sadly, I tend to agree with you! :evil: :x

Link.:

http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/pmkor/index.htm
 
#5
The year is 2020.

The US admits to having 100s of MIAs from Astan and Iraq and agrees to ship 'em back.

Let's get real.

That , of course, will not happen until Astan and Iraq become our biggest trading pardners.
 
#6
Devil_Dog said:
The year is 2020.

The US admits to having 100s of MIAs from Astan and Iraq and agrees to ship 'em back.

Let's get real.

That , of course, will not happen until Astan and Iraq become our biggest trading pardners.
I'm sorry DD, but this post isn't making much sense to me. What has it to do with MIAs in the Korean War and the Cold war years?

As far as the Afghanistani and Iraqi prisoners are concerned, don't take any more insurgents (Not covered by the Geneva convention as POWs) than is needed for intel, turn the rest over to their respective governments, for their disposition to include what is left of those interrogated for intel. :wink: :p

Of course, I guess we cold be like the old USSR, North Vietnsm, Laos, Cambodia and the currant North Korean and Chinese governments and deny any and all knowledge of any prisoners. :?
 
#7
Deny knowledge of prisoners?

I suppose you never heard of Black sites and extraordinary renditions?

Or torture by proxy?

Get real Trippy.
 
#8
Devil_Dog said:
Deny knowledge of prisoners?

I suppose you never heard of Black sites and extraordinary renditions?

Or torture by proxy?

Get real Trippy.
I have heard of all those things, what do they have to do with this tread and the issue in the subject line?

May by you need to get real and READ the Posts and what they are about! This thread has NOTHING to do with Iraq or Afganhistan

Got it! :roll:

Try to pay attention! :!:

Go away and play with your bong or whatever your using! :wink:
 
#9
Trippy, you doublestander, you!

This thread has everything to do with Astan and Iraq. It is all about war and deniable plausibility.

If you can justify Gitmo you can justify MIAs in China.
 
#10
Devil_Dog said:
Trippy, you doublestander, you!

This thread has everything to do with Astan and Iraq. It is all about war and deniable plausibility.

If you can justify Gitmo you can justify MIAs in China.
Sorry! I do not agree with you! Now as I said go back to your bong and sail away! End of conversation ... I have no time for such garbage notions! :x
 
#11
Please explain Trippy. Please explain.

MIAs are MIAs.

As far as my bong goes, that is between me and my bong.

Got a light?
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads