Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by phil11, Aug 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. hi is there a calculator for pension at 55 after commutation, im getting near that age and looking to see what i may get
  2. If there is, I've not found it!

    You can ask JPAC for a statement and projection once annually for free, so I think this may be best way forward.

    "You will need to contact the Pensions Office at the Army Personnel Centre (APC) in Glasgow either by telephone or email:

    Tel: Joint Personnel Administration Centre (JPAC) 0141 244 3500

    (lifted from

    If anyone knows better, can they post it here, as I have a number of ex-forces clients and it will make my (and their), life easier.

    While you are asking about your forces pension, it would probably be a good idea to ask about your State Pension, (The Pension Forcasting Team, 0845 3000 168,, as this will give you a good heads-up on the state pansion you will receive at your retirement date.

    Remember, for anything more complex an independent financial adviser will be a big help, Clicky to find an IFA in your area
  3. Yes there is, go on to the Defence Intranet and type in Key Word Search "Pension Calculator" sign up to the terms and follow the prompts.

    Good Luck