Pensions - you never know!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by OldSnowy, Nov 22, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Independent , 21st Nov:

It appears that some awkward people are suing MoD to get pensions for part-timers (sorry, TA are apparently not part-timers, as "part-time employees" has a definite legal meaning).

Not sure if the link will work - but worth looking for.
  2. 50 Hours per week?

So this cut in MTD's is just a mirage then?

Excellent, I shall bring this up with the PSAO and SB  :mad:

If you've spent most of your TA career on FTRS , then yes, you should have some pension rights I believe.

But are we actually contributing to a pension fund at the moment? Let me go check me payslip...
  3. No you are not.

TA service is non-pensionable.

However I like the idea that in line with other part timers we may be entitled to one. Will it be retrospctive?

I think not.

There is a way of getting a pension already:

While on duty, crash car in to tree, get rescued by FFs (RETAINED, SO NO GUILT FOR HATING STRIKERS), then you are entitled to a Disability pension.

Trouble is is that you also have to stop playing soldiers, all very sad.
  4. i know what u mean its a nightmare
  5. I raised the issue of TA pensions via my MP and got the usual guff back from Spellar.  I don't think I threw it away in disgust - I'll try to find it and post it here.

What you have to remember is that throughout history the MoD (and its previous incarnations) has a default setting of "NO" when it comes to benefits for service personnel.

Incidentally, I have set up a separate personal pension for my TA income. Because the Taxman recognises it as "non-pensionable income" you can apply for tax relief in addition to any employer's scheme.