Pensions question

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by supermatelot, Nov 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think there is another thread on here about this.
    War pensions & the DWP classing them as additional income.

I get a war disability pension, if I ever needed to claim benefits then would it be classed as additional income?

Im not that clued up on this subject, Paymaster pay me once a month and If I phoned them they would just probably direct me to phone afpaa Glasgow...and them telling me to phone vets agency.

Does anybody here know the definitive ruling?

I know there is a difference between a war pension and war disability pension. I dont know what it is though. Could anybody here enlighten me please?

2. Not sure if thise will help you?

This was released back in the summer. If you type MOD doc Care into Google it should come up as a pdf

The Nation’s Commitment: Cross-Government Support to our Armed Forces, their Families and Veterans
    Presented to Parliament by the Secretary of State for Defence and the Minister of State for the Armed Forces By Command of Her Majesty
    July 2008
    C

2.17 Disabled Facilities Grant Means Test
    – Disregard of AFCS/WPS Payments.
    AFCS and WPS payments for the most seriously disabled, as set out in the supplementary annex, will be disregarded in the means test for DFG in England and Wales. In Scotland this means test is being considered for discontinuation. This means that grants for housing adaptation, up to £30,000, will not be reduced by AFCS/WPS compensation payments.
    2.18 Affordable Homes – Extending Access.

Seamless Transfer onto Benefits.

Incapacity Benefit (from October 2008 the new Employment and Support Allowance) is paid weekly to sick and disabled people under State Pension age who are unable to work. To claim Incapacity Benefit/ Employment and Support Allowance, a person must be medically assessed. When a Service medical board decides a severely disabled person can no longer be employed in the Armed Forces, the person is discharged. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will now use the Service medical board evidence, in place of a face-to-face medical assessment by DWP, up to 3 months in advance of eligibility.